I’m locked out my account
TurboTax Account is your user account that facilitates access to all the features and benefits offered by your TurboTax Subscription. It is essential to prepare and E-file your Tax Returns, track your Refunds and much more. In short, whatever you do on TurboTax is through your TurboTax Account. This means you must access your TurboTax Account in order to perform any of the required functions like E-filing etc.
➥ How To Access Your TurboTax Account?
- Visit “turbotax.intuit.com” by entering the URL in your Browser’s Address Bar.
- Go to the right-hand side of the following window. Here, you will find the “Sign In” box.
- Enter your TurboTax User ID and Password in the relevant text boxes.
- Select the “Remember Me” option.
- Finally, click on the “Sign In” tab.
➥ How Does Your TurboTax Account Get Locked?
In order to access your TurboTax Account, it is essential to enter the login credentials accurately in the Sign In window. However, in case if you provide incorrect credentials, it denies you access to the Account. Now, in case you continue the attempt to access the Account with incorrect credentials for multiple times. Then, it will simply lock the Account on a temporary basis. In other words, it will not allow you to attempt to log in. Along with that, you get a message on your screen that reads:
“Sign in is temporarily locked. You’ve exceeded the number of Sign In attempts. We’ll send you an email to help you access your account.”
➥ How To Fix Locked TurboTax Account?
This is an important protection measure to safeguard your Account from unauthorized access. However, that doesn’t mean that you cannot access your Account once it is locked.
In order to unlock your Account, all you have to do is wait for sometime, preferably 10-15 minutes. At times, it may clearly provide you the required time to wait.
As a result, it unlocks your Account. Thereafter, you must reset your Password/ User ID to get access to your Account. For this, closely follow the given instructions.
- After waiting for the required time period, return back to the Lock screen of the TurboTax Account website.
- Click “Continue”.
- Now, you will get the “Let’s make sure it’s you screen” window. Here, you will notice three options to recover your Account. Hence, choose one of the following options.
- Get a code texted to:
- Get a code emailed to:
- Recover my account a different way (takes longer)
- Based on your choice, enter your Phone Number, or Email Address respectively.
- Then, click “Continue”.
- As such, it will send you a Verification Code to either of the selected options.
- Hence, go to your Smartphone or Email Account as per your choice. Then, bring up the SMS or Email received from TurboTax. Thereafter, note down the 6-digit Verification Code.
- Now, get back to the Account Recovery window of TurboTax website on your Computer.
- After that, enter the Verification Code accurately in the relevant text box.
- Then, click “Continue”.
- On the following window, it prompts you to set a new Password for securing your TurboTax Account. It also enlists the criteria for creating a strong Password. Hence, enter a unique Password that you want for this Account.
- Subsequently, re-enter the Password to conform it.
- Finally, click “Continue” to save the new Password.
- Following that, you can use the new Password to access your TurboTax Account.