I have filled my tax return with turbotax and it was rejected. I have paid turbo tax
E-filing your Tax Returns with TurboTax is extremely user-friendly and hassle free. It leaves no room for committing mistakes if you provide all the required information accurately. Despite that, it can happen that your Tax Return was rejected by the IRS. This could be due to a number of reasons. But, with TurboTax, it is mainly because of any incorrect or missing information.
How To Check The Reason For Rejection?
To begin with, TurboTax suggests you to be very careful in providing your details during the e-filing process. However, if you still end up providing any incorrect information resulting in rejection of your Tax Return. Then, you need not worry as TurboTax has a solution for that. You can always rectify the mistake and refile the returns. Moreover, do not worry if your original return was filed before the due date. In case of any rejection, you must refile the return within five business days. If you refile within the stipulated time frame, IRS considers your return on time.
Therefore, determine the reason for rejection in the very first place. For this, you must check your registered Email Address. TurboTax sends you an “ACTION NEEDED!” Email. This email specifies the cause of rejection along with the procedure to rectify the mistake and refile the returns. Hence, check the same immediately. You may get a Reject Code like IND-031-04 (AGI or Self-select PIN); R0000-504-02 (Dependent’s Name or SSN); R0000-500-01(Your Name or SSN) etc.
However, in case if you don’t get this Email. Then, you can also check the same by logging in to your TurboTax Account.
How To Fix and Refile Your Tax Return?
- Launch your TurboTax Application.
- Log in to your Account which was used for filing the original return.
- Click on the “Fix My Return” button.
- This takes you to the “Welcome back to TurboTax” window. Here, you should click on “Fix It Now”. Select this option for both Federal and State returns.
- Once again, select “Fix It Now” on the following “Let’s fix your returns and then refile” window.
- Thereafter, review the details specified on the following window. It will be according to your Reject Code. Hence, review the details.
- In case of any incorrect or missing information, click ‘No” and proceed further. Alternatively, click “Yes”. Then, get a Printout and mail your Tax Return to IRS. TurboTax will also guide you in doing the same. Hence, simply follow the specified instructions.
- On the following window, rectify the incorrect information.
- Then, click “Continue”.
- When prompted to E-file the Return again, click “Continue” to complete the process.
In case you need any help related to the Turbotax then you can contact Turbotax Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).