Quicken Is Unable To Connect With My Bank After Installing The Subscription Release
This is a comprehensive guide of Quicken will help you to resolve the issue that you are facing while connecting with your bank after installing the subscription release. Here, you will get a complete solution to resolve the error.
Why Is Your Quicken Showing You the Error When You Connect With your Bank?
At times, you might face the error when you try connecting with your bank after installing the subscription release. This error appears when you try to upgrade your Quicken application to the latest version of it. However, this issue does not arise when you update to the latest release of the current version. This happens because the method of handling online services is different in different versions of Quicken.
How To Resolve the Issue?
There are different troubleshooting steps to resolve the error when you upgrade from the 2016 version or from the 2017 version. Troubleshooting steps to correct the issue in both the scenarios are provided below.
When You Upgrade From 2016 version of Quicken-
- Commence the procedure by signing in to your account using the email address and password that are linked with Quicken.
- On reaching the main interface, choose the “Tools” option and further choose “Online Center”.
- Afterwards, you need to select the “Financial Institution” option which you get when you tap the Financial Institution drop-down arrow.
- At the time of selecting the contact information, you need to press the “Ctrl” key along with the “Shift” key.
- This will display the list of all your accounts. Make the selection of the account which is registered with your bank.
- From the list of options that will display, select the “Financial Institution Branding and Profile” option.
- Once you are done, hit the “Refresh” tab.
- Now, press the “Ok” button and try connecting with your again by going online. In order to go online, you have to click the “Update” or “Send” option.
When You Upgrade From 2017 version of Quicken-
In such a scenario, you can resolve the issue by deactivating your account and then reactivating it again. You can perform these functions by following the directions mentioned below.
➣ Deactivate Your Quicken Account:
- Proceed to your Quicken Account by signing in to it. Further, you need to click Tools> Account List.
- From the list of all your accounts, choose the one connected with your bank and hit “Edit”.
- Thereafter, press the “Online Services” tab.
- Now, tap the “Deactivate” option and press “Yes” when the confirmation dialog box will prompt on your screen.
- Once you are done by performing all this, you have to close the Quicken account and open it again.
Note: You need to perform these steps for all the accounts that are showing you the error.
➣ Reactivate Your Quicken Account:
- In your Quicken account, you need to press the “+” sign that you can find above the Account bar.
- Now, for adding a new account, you need to provide your login credentials as well as you have to answer all the security questions that you get. Make sure you provide the correct information that you are asked.
- Once you reach the window displaying all your accounts that are discovered by the financial institute. You have to link each of your accounts very carefully to conclude the process.