Quicken Install Error 1603 – In case you are unable to install Quicken for Windows, or if you experience issues using Quicken after a patch release, it’s possible that Quicken isn’t installed correctly on your computer. Using the QCleanUI utility will make sure that you can reinstall Quicken correctly on your system to fix Quicken Install Error 1603.
The QcleanUI should be used primarily to correct installation or patching issues. This should not be used to attempt to fix data issues or password problems such as Quicken ID Password, Vault Password.
Quicken Install Error 1603
Contact Us Now
Steps to fix Quicken Install Error 1603 – Quicken Support:
Step 1 – Download and Run QCleanUI:
- First, you need to backup your Quicken data. In case you’re unable to open Quicken to do so, you can skip this step and continue.
- Now uninstall Quicken with the Add/Remove Programs feature through Control Panel of your system.
- After that create a new folder on your desktop (right-click on your desktop and select New > Folder).
- Now click QcleanUI.exe and save the file to the new folder and then click MSICLEAN.exe and save the file to the SAME new folder.
- Double-click QcleanUI.exe, in the new folder, select Clean all versions and then click Clean.
- QcleanUI may take several minutes to complete its task. When finished, you may see the error message highlighted below. You can disregard this error and continue with the process.
- Now Select Quit to close QcleanUI.
Step 2 – Try to rename Quicken Shared Folders:
- You need to follow the steps to Show hidden files and folders. Most of the time, some of the folders that need to be renamed in the following steps do not appear even after selecting to Show hidden files and folders. If this occurs, continue through the steps and rename the folders that do appear.
- In the C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- With the 2018 release of Quicken, the path for the folder that needs to be renamed may be C:\Program Data\Quicken.
- In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- With the 2018 release of Quicken, the path for the folder that needs to be renamed may be C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Quicken.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter. Note: Depending on system settings, this folder may not be created. If you do not see this folder in this location, you can continue to the next step.
- Restart your computer and install Quicken again.
Upon successfully installing Quicken, you may see the initial prompt with the get started option. Rest assured your data hasn’t been lost. In case you had an existing data file, you simply need to open it manually and then select Open a data file located on this computer and locate your data file. If you need more information on finding data files, then you may contact Quicken Support.
FAQs – Quicken Support:
- Issues with the quicken clean uninstall
- How to install Quicken repair tool
- How to reinstall quicken
- Error: Quicken 2017 won’t open
- How to fix quicken error 1723
- What is the best way to fix quicken error code 1310
- How to fix QuickBooks error 1603 windows 10
- How to reinstall Quicken 2016
- Steps to fix quicken error 1603
- How to resolve Quicken install error code 1603
For more information please contact Quicken Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Easy Steps to Quicken Install Error 1603”!