Quicken file not copied – in case you are getting error Quicken file not copied while copying the data file then you should validate your Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had crashed while running Quicken. You may also contact Quicken Support for further information and help.
Quicken file not copied
Contact Us Now
Steps to validate Quicken Data file – Quicken file not copied:
- Make a copy of your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy. Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save the file under a new name in the same folder as the current Quicken data file.
- Now Open the copied file in Quicken.
- After that, Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click Validate File, check to make sure the copied file is being validated, click OK. Let it run.
- Fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.
- Now close and restart Quicken using this new file and try your failing action again. If it works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.
The above-mentioned Copy process appears to be performing a record-by-record copy of the data file and not just a simple binary image copy. This has been reported as recovering some otherwise not repairable files. In case the issue still persists then you need to restore the Quicken data files from the automatic or manual backup.
Steps to Backup Quicken Data files – Quicken file not copied:
When you backup your Quicken data, you preserve your financial information (including reports, passwords, accounts, and attachments). This is a way to safeguard your records in case of computer failure or as a means of moving your data from one computer to another. In case, for advanced troubleshooting, you can contact Quicken Support.
For Windows – Quicken file not copied:
Backup for Windows:
- Select File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File.
- You’ll have two options for backing up your data: you can backup to your computer or an external drive (like a USB thumb drive), or, you can use Dropbox.
- To help identify your latest backup, you can put a check next to Add date to the backup file name.
- Quicken will display the location where your backup will be saved (click Change… if you want to change this location), along with the name of the backup file (typically this is your Quicken file name followed by .QDF-backup).
- Click Back up Now.
Restore Quicken data:
- Select the File > Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup File.
- Select Restore from your backup, then click Browse.
- Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension. QDF-Backup.
- Select the file to restore and click Open then Restore Backup.
- On the following prompt, you will be given the option to overwrite the file you have open or to create a copy of the backup you’re restoring.
- If you create a copy, you will need to select a location to save the copy to and you will also need to give the copy a unique file name. After naming the file and selecting the location, click Save, then click Yes to open the restored file.
- If you are restoring a file over the current file, click OK to overwrite the current file then click Yes to open the restored file.
- What does it mean to overwrite a file?: Restoring a backup file replaces your current data with the data stored on the backup disk. Be aware that you’ll lose any changes you made since the backup was created. If you want to preserve the current file, you must rename the current file or the file you are restoring.
For Mac – Quicken file not copied:
Backup for Mac:
- Select File > Save a Backup.
- Choose a place on your Mac to save the file. You can save it anywhere, including a flash drive.
- Click Save. The Quicken backup file will have the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
Restore Quicken data
- In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup…
- Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
- Select the file to restore.
- Click Choose.
Related Errors – Quicken Support:
- Quicken unable to open the selected file
- Installed Quicken file won’t open
- Issues with Quicken validate and repair
- Quicken super validate
- Quicken reports not working
- Steps to repair Quicken PDF file
- How to fix Quicken problems
- How to install Quicken file doctor
For further details contact Quicken Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Quicken File Not Copied “!