OL-297-a Quicken Error – This error code OL-297-a Quicken Error can be caused by the poor internet connection or no internet connection. You may receive one of the following messages while using online services in Quicken:
OL-297-a Quicken Error
Contact Us Now
Cause of the OL-297-a Quicken Error – Quicken Support:
This type of error usually appears when your computer cannot establish an internet connection with Quicken. This may be due to:
- The bank updating security settings
- Internet settings, firewalls, routers, a pop-up blocker, or your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- A server outage
- If you’re using an unsupported version of Quicken
First, update your Internet Security Settings:
- First, Click the Start button and select the Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
- Select Network and Internet, then Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security Section.
- Check TLS 1.2
- Click Apply then OK.
- Try your update in Quicken also.
In case updating the Advanced settings does not resolve the error follow the additional steps below.
Steps to fix OL-297-a Quicken Error – Quicken Support:
Check your system date and time settings
- First of all, Double-click the clock on the taskbar at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- In the Date/Time tab, check to see if the time is correct. If it is not, fix it.
- Sometimes the time zone may be incorrect. Click on the Time Zone tab and make sure it is set to the correct time zone.
- Furthermore, Press OK when finished.
- If you made any changes to the time or time zone, open Quicken and attempt your online request again.
Restart your computer:
- Save your work and close all open applications.
- From the Start menu, choose Restart.
- Select Restart and click OK.
- Once you’re back up and running, try your Quicken online request again.
Re-Configure your firewall:
- Verify that the Quicken program (qw.exe) has full and unrestricted access to the Internet. For more information, take a look at Configuring Firewalls.
In case you get this error with some (not all) of your banks:
If only one bank is showing the OL-297-a Quicken Error, it’s likely a temporary issue; if this is the case, wait until the next business day and then try to update again.
In the meantime, make sure the settings are correct for accepting cookies.
- first of all, Click the Start button and select the Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
- Furthermore, Select Network and Internet, then Internet Options.
- Now Select the Privacy tab also and then Click on the Advanced button.
- If available, check the Override automatic cookie handling option.
- Confirm that First-party and Third-party Cookies are both set to Accept.
- Press OK, then Apply and OK again.
- In the end, Close Internet Options and try updating Quicken again.
Related Errors – Quicken Support:
- OL-297-a quicken bank of America
- Quicken 2017 OL-297-a
- Quicken error Ol-301-a
- How to fix Quicken error codes
- Quicken error message
- Quicken 2017 error
- Error: Quicken no internet connection available windows 10
- Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection
For more informations contact Quicken Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Quick Guide to fix OL-297-a Quicken Error“!