How to Troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale?
When you open your company file on a client workstation, you see or experience one of the following:
Error: Fixing the Connection.
Error: You are not connected to the server.
Error: Specify the Server and Company Data File.
Point of Sale is grayed out ( In Some Cases)
This application has encountered a problem and needs to be closed.
Troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale
Contact Us Now
The following are possible reasons why these issues happen with your QuickBooks POS9 or other versions:
- The server is not set in multi-user mode
- Firewall and/or third party application is blocking the connection between the server and workstation(s) e.g Antivirus
- Network/Internet connection issues
- The IP address used is set to dynamic IP
- Network sharing settings and folder permissions are not configured properly.
IMPORTANT: Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting, make sure you have:
- Reviewed the QuickBooks Desktop POS system requirements.
- Restarted the server and client workstations properly.
- Restarted the network connection and ensured all ports are properly connected.
- Designated client workstations to a local area connection that’s connected to the same server and made sure they can communicate with each other.
- Logged in to Windows with Administrator rights.
Now you can start to troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale. You can follow the given procedure to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Ensure your Server is in multi-user mode
NOTE: If the server is currently in the multi-user mode, switch it to single user mode and switch back to multi-user mode to refresh the system.
Solution 2: Turn Network Discovery On
- Open Control Panel and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left pane, select the Change Advanced Sharing Settings
- Then Expand the network profile currently assigned to your network connection.
NOTE: It is marked with the words Current Profile on the right-hand side of its name.
- Now In the Network discovery section, select Turn on network discovery.
- Expand the All Networks category in settings.
- In the Password Protected Sharing area, select the Turn Off Password Protected Sharing option.
- Close the settings window properly.
Solution 3: Set up the folder permissions
- On your server, right-click on the folder where your company file is saved and select Properties.
E.g. Location: C:Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of SaleXX\Data
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click Advanced Sharing option and select Share this folder.
- Select Permissions and then click Add.
- Type in QBPOSdbsrvuser and then click OK.
- Click to select QBPOSdbsrvuser and select Full Control from the option.
NOTE: Make sure the permission of Everyone and Services user group is set to Full Control.
- Click Apply and OK.
Solution 4: Rename the WSActivity file
- Open the folder where WSActivity file is saved.
E.g. Location: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Right-click the WSActivity file and then select Rename.
- Rename the file to OLDWSActivity.
- Close and re-open your Point of Sale in all workstations and see if it works.
Solution 5: Configure the Network Firewall
Solution 6: Edit the Windows hosts file
You can follow the above-mentioned solutions to fix QuickBooks POS 9 Not Connecting to Server issue. In case you need help to troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale then you can contact Quickbooks Support.
Our experts offer the 24/7 support and provide you the solution which helps you to Troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale. We also provide the support for the following issues:
- How to connect QuickBooks POS client to server
- QuickBooks point of sale network configuration
- QuickBooks not connecting to server
- The QuickBooks point of sale server setup
- QuickBooks point of sale cannot open company file
- QuickBooks connect to server database
- The QuickBooks pos not responding
- QuickBooks pos multi-user
For the help, you can directly connect Quickbooks Support at +1-(844) 673-7300 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “QuickBooks POS 9 Not Connecting to Server – How to Troubleshoot multi-user issues in Point of Sale”!