QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505 – The QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505 is the most common error which mostly happens when you are trying to access company files which are located on another computer and you would be getting this error. Here we are going to discuss all these problems and their solutions in details. In case you need further help and information then you can contact QuickBooks Support
QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505
Contact Us Now
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505 occurrence
If you open company file into multi-user mode and shows error:
QuickBooks Error H202
- When you are trying to work with a company file that is placed on another computer and this replica of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that PC.
- This appears when QuickBooks software on your computer unable to communicate with the server data.
QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H303, H505
- When you are attempting to work with company files that are located on another computer and that computer demand extra installation and setup process.
Why this error occurs in your system:
The company Desktop is trying to make a connection to company files but unable to communicate with the server of the company. There are several issues which can be the reason behind the occurrence of this error:
- Wrong or Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- If QB Firewall setting blocking to access company files or it’s blocking incoming and outgoing communication process.
- A damaged or incorrect.ND files configuration that allow QB to access company files in a network system.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to find the IP address of host computer or using the different IP address.
- If the setting of DNS is incorrect.
- The QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are not started.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505
In order to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505 try to follow one of these given solutions:
Method 1 – Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
First, you need to download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. Which automatically clears up the H- series and multi-user errors. If you still see the QuickBooks Error H202 then you need to follow the next solution.
Method 2 – Verify Hosting and Services:
Verify the Hosting
- Open QuickBooks on each hosting computer and go to File and then select the Utility option.
- Now see Host Multi-User Access on the list, this computer is not hosting the program. After that move to the next laptop or system. But keep in mind that doesn’t change anything on your workstation.
- In case you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then select it and then in the Company, File Must Be Closed window, click Yes.
Verify the services
- You need to make sure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Service are started.
- First, click on the Windows Start button.
- Now press the Windows key + R to bring up the run box.
- After that in run box type, MSC and press Enter key.
- In the service window: scroll down and presence for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- In case unable to see QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Using Database Server Manager, then confirm that Database Server Manager also installed on the server
- If you run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks, choose and verify that hosting is enabled.
- Double-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and confirm that the Startup Type is and service status is begun.
- Click on Recovery
- Open computer system menu selects restart, this will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service if it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Click to save the changes.
- Replay the above all steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- Now open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Solution 3: Open network ports QuickBooks to communicate Configure the Firewall
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender that comes built into home Windows 8. For any queries, contact the AVG guide provider or if you would really like to maintain the AVG software. Follow the given steps on each computer:
- Make connection Windows Firewall Settings
- On the left, right-click on Outbound Rules, and select New Rule
- Select Ports and click Next.
- Choose TCP and in the specific local ports box.
- Click Next and select Allow the Connection.
- Click Next to enter a name in the name field (for example, “QuickBooks ports”) and click Finish.
- Repeat the above steps for the Inbound Rules.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Add your server to the Windows host file
Edit the Windows hosts file. In case you need help then contact QuickBooks Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Solution 5: Create a new folder for your company file and share it by allowing access to share company files.
- At the hosting computer, create a new folder, share it, and set windows to get entry to permissions to share company files.
- Copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Open your company files in multi-user mode.
Related Errors – QuickBooks Support:
- h202 QuickBooks 2017
- QuickBooks multi-user mode not working
- QuickBooks firewall ports
- Install QuickBooks file doctor
- QuickBooks network diagnostic tool
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks
- QuickBooks 2017 error
- qbdbmgrn not running on this computer
- h202 error QuickBooks 2018
- QuickBooks error -6000-83
- Fix QuickBooks 2017 error
- QuickBooks 1502150
- QuickBooks 2017 firewall ports
- h303 band
- QuickBooks error -6000-77
- QuickBooks error 6189
- Fix QuickBooks Error code h505
- QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303 & H505
For further help Contact QuickBooks Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “QuickBooks Error H202, H101, H303, H505 !