QuickBooks Error 6176 0 – The basic design of the QuickBooks software is not suitable to practice its functions with the Virtual servers or Novell Netware. If you access or store company files using the Virtual or Novel server, you will have to navigate those company files to the Windows computer and fix the error. You may have to face the following problems while creating or opening the company data files:
- The QuickBooks software could not connect to the system that shows the location of the QuickBooks company file
- Error message QuickBooks Error 6176 0 is unable to receive network identification of the server.
QuickBooks Error 6176 0
Contact Us Now
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6176 0 – QuickBooks Support:
There are many useful solutions to fix the error suggested by Intuit. You may fix the problem with solution 1 but it may need to practice all available solutions to be fully satisfied. You must perform each solution exactly in the same order as described here below.
Solution 1: Diagnose System Errors
There might be a close connection between the windows problems and a computer virus. Intuit recommends running a full scan after updating the definition of antivirus software.
- Instantly scan your system to identify and fix bugs:
- Update antivirus program.
- Activate antivirus software and run a full scan.
- Important Note: If you cannot run or update antivirus software, there is the possibility of having a virus. You should get technical support from an IT professional to fix this problem.
- If antivirus software identifies no virus. Simply copy the company file to the other system and open it.
- If the QuickBooks company file successfully opens on another computer system, you should repair Windows installation on the computer that does not open file. You can get full support from the Windows technician or an IT person.
- If the QuickBooks company file remains closed on the other computer system or the same error appears along with a single company file, your company file is damaged. You can perform the solution 2.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor, install it and then run this application.
- If there is No problem diagnosed in your Company File, but the problem remains the same, you should practice Solution 3.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Software Installation
- Close QuickBooks software.
- Repair QuickBooks software installation.
- If the error -6176,0 remains the same even after repairing the QuickBooks software installation, reinstall QuickBooks.
- If these solutions do not bring excellent results and issue persists, you have another option of visiting Intuit QuickBooks Community website to read discussions, ask questions or post messages related to your problem. For additional support, you can also contact a professional IT person but it may apply charges.
In case the QuickBooks Error 6176 0, occurs because QuickBooks does not follow the path to the shared/mirrored folder correctly. Then in order to have QuickBooks recognize the shared or mirrored folder as legitimate, you must add a reference to the host computer in the guest’s Windows hosts file.
In order to fix the QuickBooks Error 6176 0, follow the given steps:
- First of all, on the virtual machine, open Notepad (go to Start > Accessories).
- You must open Notepad as an administrator, In Windows 7. You need to right-click the Notepad icon and select Run as administrator.
- Now click File > Open.
- From the drop-down menu that says Text Documents (*.txt), select All Files.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Open the host’s file and then add this line: 127.0.0.1 VMware-host
- Save and close the file.
Related Error Codes – QuickBooks Support:
- QuickBooks -6123,0 error
- QuickBooks error (-6123, 0)
- Error: QuickBooks 2017 error -6123,0
- QuickBooks 2016 error -6123
- QuickBooks 2015 error -6123 0
- Error: QuickBooks error “-6147, 0”
- QuickBooks 2018 error -6123,0
- QuickBooks error code (-12 0)
You can directly contact QuickBooks Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK) for further help.
Hope you like the Article related to “3 simple solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6176 0 ”!