Quickbooks Error 6123 – The Quickbooks Error 6123 “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost” occurs in multi-user environments only. If establishing or when the use of a QuickBooks company report over a network, you see one or more of the following errors:
- QuickBooks Error -6123, 0.
- Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
Quickbooks Error 6123
Contact Us Now
Quickbooks Error 6123, 0 when upgrading or opening company file
First, troubleshoot your QuickBooks data files or network setup if upgrading a company file to a new version of QuickBooks, opening a company file over a network, opening a company file in multi-user mode, or restoring a backup, you encounter Quickbooks Error 6123: Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
This problem is usually caused by one or more of the following:
- Disrupted network connection with the Host computer
- Firewall settings that prevent QuickBooks Desktop files from accessing the necessary ports
- Multiple QuickBooks Database Services running on the computer
- A damaged data file or program files of QuickBooks Desktop
- Name of the computer hosting the file was changed while hosting was on
- McAfee Privacy Service is installed with the Block Web Bugs filter option selected (this filter conflicts with QuickBooks Desktop)
- Restoring a backup directly from a flash drive or other removable storage device
- Damaged company file
- Damaged Windows user
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and a 3rd party Sybase 16 application (e.g., IDEXX Laboratories Cornerstone) installed in the same computer
Quickbooks Error 6123, 0 when upgrading company file to a new version of QuickBooks
In case you are encountering the error while converting a QuickBooks Desktop 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 file to QuickBooks Desktop 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018, you can try the following:
- First of all run the QuickBooks File Doctor: Fix your company file or network
- You have a computer, in a case and that has QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed, you should try converting or restoring the file in that version first, before opening the file in the new version of the product.
- In case you don’t have QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed and:
- upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you can install the QuickBooks Accountant 2010 trial or the QuickBooks Premier 2012 trial to convert any QuickBooks Pro or Premier files before opening them in the new version of the product.
- upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks Enterprise, you can install the QuickBooks Enterprise 12.0 trial to convert any QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise files before opening them in the new version of the product.
- In case the upgrade did not work then:
- You need to create a portable company file using the old/current version of Product.
- Now restore the portable company file using the new version of QuickBooks you are upgrading to.
- After that reinstall using a clean install of your new version of QuickBooks, and attempt the conversion immediately when opening the program.
Quickbooks Error 6123, 0 when the opening company file in QuickBooks
- Now you need to make sure that your QuickBooks has the latest updates.
- Therefore you need to make sure to copy the file locally if you are trying to restore a backup or portable copy of the file.
- In case you are getting this error when opening a backup (.qbb) file, try to create a portable copy out of the original file.
- In case you are the only user of QuickBooks Desktop, make sure that hosting is turned off (File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access).
- Now restart the computer. This closes any programs that might be in conflict, reloads the operating system, and re-establishes network connections.
Solution 1 – Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
- Important: If you already have a version of File Doctor on your computer (you will see a green File Doctor icon on your desktop), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release. It is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of File Doctor before downloading and installing from this article.
- After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after installing. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows taskbar.
- Now Use the drop-down list to find your company file. If you do not see your company file in the list, click the browse button and manually locate it to continue.
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity: If you suspect your company file is damaged, or you see a 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) when you try to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only: If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and get an H202 (or H303/H505) error when you try to open your company file (network errors) in Multi-User mode.
- When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
- You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. It is important to make sure you pick the right option!
- If you are running File Doctor on a workstation (meaning your QuickBooks file is physically not stored/hosted on this machine), then pick Workstation.
- If you are running File Doctor on a Server computer (meaning the QuickBooks file is physically stored on this machine), then pick Server. You should also pick Server if you are the only user and use QuickBooks on only one computer.
- Choose one of the following options, if prompted to share your company file:
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer).
- No: If you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (aka your Workstation).
- Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.
Solution 2 – Reinstall QuickBooks:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your product and license information are available.
- Now Uninstall existing QuickBooks program before attempting a reinstall.
- After that, on the computer where you want QuickBooks Desktop installed, download the installation files or insert the CD.
- Now Install QuickBooks Desktop as you normally would. See Install QuickBooks Desktop for more detailed steps.
Solution 3: Follow some steps to fix the network data file.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and also click Explore.
- Check your Company file and also right-click the file with.ND extension.
- Now rename it with .ndold.
- Error: Quickbooks error -6123 0
- Quickbooks 2018 error code
- Error: Quickbooks error “-6147, 0”
- Quickbooks error -6000-832
- Quickbooks file error 6123
- Error: Quickbooks error (- 6000
- Quickbooks file doctor
- Quickbooks error code -6000, -77
For further help Contact QuickBooks Support at +1-(844) 583-2073 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Quickbooks Error 6123!”