Resolve Norton DNS Error – Before describing the process to resolve the issue. We would like to understand the DNS. What DNS actually stands for? So, let us know more about DNS and also different methods to resolve the Norton DNS error issue.
In order to resolve Norton DNS error, we should first know what it actually means. DNS stands for Domain Name System. It actually works like a phonebook of the internet. As we know that, we need domain names such as norton.com/setup, symantec.com, etc to access information on the internet. Similarly, web browsers use IP (Internet Protocol) address to do the same. DNS translates the IP addresses so that browsers can access the available resources on the internet. You can also contact Norton Support to know more about Norton products.
Resolve Norton DNS Error
Contact Us Now
Norton DNS Error issue occurs when your backup or restore session fails due to internet connectivity. In this article, we will discuss some methods to Resolve Norton DNS Error issue.
Check Your Internet Connectivity to Resolve Norton DNS Error
As we mentioned above that this issue occurs while restoring or backup. We also mentioned that the internet plays a key role in this issue. Let us go through the different steps to make sure that your internet is working properly:
- Terminate all the opened applications on your computer.
- After that press ‘Alt+F4’ altogether from your keyboard.
- On the opened pop-up select ‘restart’ and then click ‘ok’.
- After that, you need to wait until your computer restarts.
- Once the computer restarts, you need to make sure that your PC is connected to the internet provider.
- Furthermore, open the web browser in your computer.
- Afterward, go to the address bar and type norton.com/setup and make sure that you can access a webpage.
- Once you fixed your internet connectivity issue, you can now go to the next step.
Verify Your Firewall Settings to Resolve Norton DNS Error
You need to check whether Norton online backup or Symantec website is blocked by Norton Firewall. To check that, you can follow the given steps:
- First of all, start the Norton Application on your computer.
- Click on the ‘setting’ from the Norton main window.
- Select the ‘firewall’ option from the list of options.
- Afterward, you need to click on the ‘Program Control’ tab.
- Here, you can see the list of rules for different programs.
- You need to scroll down and then select the Norton Online Backup service from the list.
- Furthermore, you need to go to the ‘Access Granted’ tab.
- On this page, you need to change the access to ‘Allow’ if you find the setting as ‘Block’.
- Finally, go ahead and click on the ‘apply’ button.
- Click on ‘close’ to finish the process.
After following the prescribed solution you can easily Resolve Norton Error issue.
Frequently Asked Questions – Norton Support
- Norton connect safe removal
- Resolves Norton DNS Error
- How to perform Norton connect safe test?
- What is Norton connect safe bypass?
- How to remove Norton connect safe virus?
- Norton connect safe review
- Norton connect safely vs OpenDNS
- What are the methods to Norton connect safely for business?
- Norton DNS ipv6
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the Norton Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for Norton Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “What is the Procedure to Resolve Norton DNS error”!