Reset Netgear Router Password – You may want to consider changing the password for your Netgear router if your password was either compromised or you simply want it updated. If you have forgotten your Netgear password, you must follow the steps for the factory reset method before you are allowed to change the password. Follow one of the methods below if you want to change the password for your Netgear wireless router.
Reset Netgear Router Password
Contact Us Now
Methods to Reset Netgear Router Password – Netgear Router Support:
Method 1 – Reset Netgear Router Password on Netgear Genie Routers:
- First of all, launch an Internet browser on your computer.
- Furthermore, type one of the following URLs into the address bar of your Internet browser: “http://www.routerlogin.net,” “http://www.routerlogin.com,” “http://192.168.1.1” or “http://192.168.0.1.”
- If at any point you changed the URL for your router from one of the default addresses above, you will be required to type in the URL you created.
- After that, type in your router’s current username and password into the fields provided. The default username and password for your Netgear Genie router are “admin” and “password.” The user interface for your Netgear Genie router will display on the screen.
- In addition, you need to click on the tab labeled “Advanced,” and click on the “Setup” tab on the left.
- Furthermore, click on “Wireless Setup.
- Delete the current password next to the field labeled “Passphrase” under the “Security Options” section.
- Type in a new password of your choice, then click on “Apply” at the top of the Wireless Setup window. The password for your Netgear Genie router has now been changed.
- If you own a dual router with a 2.4Ghz wireless band and a 5Ghz wireless band, you will be required to change the password in each respective section under “Security Options.”
- Exit out of the Netgear Genie router interface. If you had any wireless devices connected to your router, you will be required to log in using the username and the new, updated password
Method 2 – Reset Netgear Router Password on Older Netgear Routers
- First, open an Internet browser on your computer.
- Furthermore, enter one of the following URLs into the address bar of your Internet browser: “http://www.routerlogin.net,” “http://www.routerlogin.com,” “http://192.168.1.1,” or “http://192.168.0.1.”
- If you have changed the default URL for your router at any point, you will be required to type in the modified URL.
- After that, enter the current username and password for your router into the fields provided. The Netgear router’s default username and password are “admin” and “password,” respectively. The Smart Wizard program for your Netgear router will display on the screen.
- Furthermore, click on “Wireless Settings” located below “Setup” in the left pane of the SmartWizard.
- Delete the current password from the field labeled “Passphrase” located below “Security Options.”
- Enter a new password of your choice into the “Passphrase” field.
- In conclusion, click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the window, then click on “Logout.” The password for your Netgear router will now be officially changed
Method 3 – Restoring a Netgear Router to Factory Settings:
- First of all, examine the Netgear router to locate a button labeled “Reset” or “Restore Factory Settings.” Sometimes, the button is not labeled at all and is recessed into the router.
- Furthermore, hold down the reset button with your finger, or with a thin tool, such as a straightened paperclip.
- Continue to press the reset button until the light next to “Power” or “Test” begins to blink. This process may take up to 20 seconds.
- In addition, wait for the router to fully reboot itself.
- Log in to the router using the default Netgear password of “password.” You will now have the ability to change your password using one of the other two methods included in this article
- If the above steps do not work the first time, unplug the router, hold down the reset button, and reconnect your router’s power supply while continuing to hold down the reset button before following the rest of the steps for this method.
FAQs – Netgear Router Support:
- Netgear router login password
- Netgear router setup
- forgot Netgear password
- Netgear wifi password hack
- Netgear genie login
- www.routerlogin.net change password
- Netgear router login not working
- can’t access Netgear router
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the Netgear Router Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for Netgear Router Support at +1-(844) 583-2073 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “3 Ways to Reset Netgear Router Password “!