McAfee Web Gateway Error 403 – It is really irritating when you see ‘ERROR: HTTP Error 403 – Forbidden Internet Explorer’ message while using your PC. This error mostly occurs in ePO console or in your Web Browser. In the EPO, when you click on the system and then ‘Show Agent Log’, such an error message can be seen. When you access ‘agent log’ from your Web Browser this error occurs. You can also visit McAfee Support to know more about products related to McAfee.
McAfee Web Gateway Error 403
Contact Us Now
However, in such condition, you need not panic. We will help you with McAfee Web Gateway Error 403 in this article. We will also discuss some similar queries on this topic. This error occurs because of the default settings in McAfee Agent. Default settings disable the ‘Enable Remote Access to Log’ option. As a result, you face this issue.
Solution 1. Steps To Enable Remote Access to McAfee Agent Login Policy
The first thing that you can do to resolve McAfee Web Gateway Error 403 is to Enable Remote Access. Follow the given steps to do so:
- First of all, you need to open your McAfee Agent ePO console.
- Furthermore, log on to McAfee Agent ePO console.
- Go to the menu option on the ePO console.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Policy’ and then click on the ‘Policy Catalog’ option.
- Afterward, select McAfee Agent from the ‘product’ drop-down list.
- Moreover, you need to select ‘General’ from the ‘category’ drop-down list.
- From here, you can select the policy that you want to change.
- After that, go ahead and click the logging tab.
- Here, select the Enable Remote Access to Log’ and then click ‘save’ option.
- Next, select the ‘system’ tree tab option.
- Again, you need to select the system that you want to receive the changed policy.
- Move ahead and click the ‘more actions’ and then select ‘wake-up agents’ from the given list.
- Finally, click ‘Ok’ to apply the policy changes without changing the default settings.
Solution 2. Steps to Disable The Option That Allows Connection From ePO Server
Another method to counter McAfee Web Gateway Error 403 issue is to disable the option that allows connection from ePO server. There are several steps to do that:
- Begin with logging into ePO console.
- After that, you need to click on the ‘menu’ option.
- Just after that, go ahead and click on the ‘policy’ option.
- Furthermore, you are advised to select the ‘policy Catalogue’.
- Now, click ‘McAfee Agent’ form the ‘product’ drop-down list.
- Now, click on the ‘category’ and then select ‘General’ from the drop-down.
- Click on the policy that needs to be changed from the options.
- Now, open the ‘general tab’ and uncheck the ‘Accept connections only from ePO server’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘save’ option.
- In the last few steps, you need to select the ‘System Tree’ tab option.
- From here, you can select the computers that need to receive the new changed policy.
- Lastly, click on ‘more agents’ and select the ‘wake agents’ from the opened list.
- Make sure that you haven’t changed the default settings.
- Click ‘ok’ to save the settings you made.
Related Queries (McAfee Web Gateway Error 403)- McAfee Support
- ma_http_connection_send_stock_response response 403 forbidden
- mcafee support phone number
- mcafee webadvisor
- troubleshooting McAfee agent communication
- mcafee antivirus issues
- McAfee agent handler not communicating
- McAfee Web Gateway Error 403
- McAfee agent failed to send events
- agent failed to communicate with ePO server
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the McAfee Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for McAfee Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).