McAfee Error Code 12002 – This kind of error occurs due to various reasons. In this article, we will be discussing the solutions. You can use any of the solutions to fix your issue. Visit McAfee Support in order to get suggestions related to McAfee products.
McAfee Error Code 12002
Contact Us Now
How to Find That Your System has Error Code 12002 Issue
If you find that your PC is running slowly and responds to the inputs in a sluggish manner. This can be the reason behind McAfee Error Code 12002. This error can also freeze your computer several times. Error Code 12002 can also crash your PC in between.
Several Causes of McAfee Error Code 12002
There are so many reasons for this issue. Some of them are the following:
- If your computer has been infected with the virus or malware then you may face this problem.
- There might be an error in the Windows Registry file that is associated with the error file.
- If your McAfee has any missing installation file then you may get this issue.
- If your McAfee file has been deleted by any other file or any other conflicting software. In such a case, you may face this issue.
Several Solutions to Fix This Issue
As we know that McAfee works 24×7 to resolve its customer’s issues. It has also found the methods to resolve the McAfee Error Code 12002 issue. You just have to follow the steps as suggested. It will probably solve your issue and lets your computer work as it is a new one.
Solution 1. Perform A Thorough Scan Of your Computer-
McAfee provides different scan options for your PC. Each option is capable to detect threats and delete them. But, if you are facing McAfee Error Code 12002, we recommend you to run a thorough system scan. It eliminates all the deep-rooted virus or malware and keeps your PC smooth:
- Firstly, open McAfee on your computer.
- After that, click on scan option from the McAfee window.
- Afterward, you need to select the scan type that you want to perform on your PC.
- Full- This option gives you a chance to perform a complete system scan of your system by McAfee Antivirus scan.
- Quick- It scans most parts of your computer that are more prone or susceptible to malware.
- Custom – In this option, you can select a particular file or drive to be scanned.
- Furthermore, select ‘Full’ System scan option.
- Follow the instructions to complete the scan.
Check whether the issue is resolved or not. If you find that the problem is still persisting then move to the next solution.
Solution 2. Repair Windows Registry Associated With the Error Code 12002
If the same error persists even after the first solution. You need to follow this solution. You need to repair the windows registry that is associated with the McAfee Error Code 12002.
- Click on start which is at the down-left corner of your computer screen.
- You need to type ‘command’ in the search box available on the start menu.
- Furthermore, hold Ctrl+Shift and then press Enter altogether.
- Click on ‘yes’ in the appearing dialogue box.
- Just after that, you will get a black colored dialogue box with a blinking cursor.
- In the appearing box, you need to type ‘Regedit’ and press enter from your keyboard.
- Now, the ‘registry’ window will appear on your computer screen.
- In the opened window, select the key which is related to ‘Error Code 12002’.
- Furthermore, go to the menu option in the same window.
- Click on the ‘file’ option and then select ‘export’.
- Now, go ahead and save this file with the name of ‘McAfee Error 12002’.
- Moreover, go to the Export Range box.
- Make sure that you have selected the ‘Selected Branch’ option.
- Lastly, click on save to complete the registry entry backup.
Solution 3. You can Reinstall McAfee Antivirus to Counter McAfee Error Code 12002
If the issue is still there then the simple thing that you can do is to reinstall your McAfee product. You can use McAfee Removal Tool to remove McAfee from your computer. Once you uninstall it, you need to make sure that you have installed it again. You need to reinstall it as soon as possible to keep your data safe. You can visit McAfee Support to get any type of installation help.
Some Other Related Questions
- McAfee livesafe Resolve
- McAfee antivirus login Issue
- McAfee total protection Troubleshoot
- McAfee download
- McAfee Antivirus support
- McAfee total protection download
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the McAfee Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for McAfee Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “What are the Solutions of McAfee Error Code 12002?”!