Change Password on Linksys Router – If after setting up Linksys wireless router, you have not changes its password then immediately modify the password because anyone can hack your device just be entering default login details. There are various users that are familiar with Linksys router default settings so it is necessary to protect your network security by changing the password.
Change Password on Linksys Router
Contact Us Now
In this blog, we have discussed how can you change the Linksys wireless router’s password. If while changing Linksys router’s password, any complication arises then get it resolved immediately by approaching Linksys Support.
Method 1: Reset Linksys Router Password Through Resetting Linksys Router
- Press the turn on the button on your Linksys router. Although some Linksys routers automatically turn on when they are plugged into the outlet.
- After plugging, wait until power light stops blinking. After this, locate the Reset button and hold it for 10 seconds. If you are using older models of Linksys router then you have to press the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Now unplug the router, wait for 30 seconds and then again plug into the power supply.
- Wait for some time until power light stops blinking and if due to any reason power light does not stop blinking then turn on the router and then turn on again.
- Next, take an ethernet cable and then connect your Linksys router to the computer. For connecting router to the computer, you can use an ethernet port. Once you do this, ethernet port will light up. At this moment, you can connect the modem to Linksys router. Now, Linksys router restores to its factory default settings.
- After this, login into Linksys router administrations screens by entering default login credentials.
- Once Linksys setup page loads, click on Setup > Basic tab. Now locate username and password field boxes and then enter the password of your choice. Also, don’t forget to write down login details on paper. Lastly, save the settings by clicking on Save button.
You can also try the below method to Change Password on Linksys Router.
Method 2: Modify Linksys Router Password Through Web-Based Setup Page
- First of all, you have to access Linksys router’s web-based setup page. To open Linksys router web-based setup page, type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. Hit Enter.
- You are now prompted to Linksys router login screen where you have to enter login details. Just enter “admin” in the password section and leave the username field empty.
- Once you access Linksys router’s web-based setup page, tap on administration tab and then move to management section.
- In the next step, you have to enter the new password in the router password field box. Also, enter the same password in the “Confirm Password” field box.
- Once you finish overall steps, save the settings.
- Now your Linksys router’s password has been successfully changed.
If you are unable to Change Password on Linksys Router after following both the steps then call the Linksys Support for assistance.
FAQ’s – Linksys Support
- How to reset Linksys router password
- How do I secure my Linksys wireless router with a password
- Linksys router login
- How to secure Linksys router
- How to change Linksys router name
- Linksys router login
- Linksys default password
- How do I set up my wireless router password
- Changing the wireless network password of your Linksys router
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the Linksys Router Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for Linksys Router Support at +1-(844) 455-8013 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Change Password on Linksys Router“!