Setup HP Printer using USB – HP Printers are very very popular amongst people due to its latest and advanced features. The company uses the recent technologies to build the peripheral devices. The peripheral devices make the work easier as they easily convert the hard copy of the document into the soft copy. You can setup HP Printer using USB cable as well as using the wireless network.
Setup HP Printer using USB
Contact Us Now
System Requirements to setup HP Printer using USB:
- Operating System – Windows XP, Vista, 7 or above and OSx 10.10 or newer.
- 1 USB cable less than 3m and 1 USB Port.
- High-speed internet connection
- 20GB disk space
- RAM – Minimum 300MB
Here we are going to discuss the step-by-step procedure to setup HP Printer using USB on your system.
Step-by-step process to setup HP Printer using USB:
If you are using Windows:
- First of all, you need to turn on the Printer and then make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the printer and system.
- If the USB cable is connected then unplug the cable from the system.
- Now you need to delete the previously installed Printer from the system first by visiting the Devices and Printers.
- You are now required to visit 123.hp.com and then enter the name of your printer or model number to search the drivers.
- Click on the search option and then select your product from the search results.
- Now you need to click on the Download option and then click save file or run according to your browser to save the file.
- Open the downloaded file and then double click on the file to run the setup and then follow the instructions.
- Now select the USB option to connect the Printer to your system from the list and then click Next.
- Connect the USB cable between both the Printer and the system when prompted.
- Now, wait until the connection is established and then follow the instructions to finish the installation process.
- Voila! You are done and you can now run a test print to check whether the connectivity is proper or not.
- In case of any issue during the setup HP Printer using USB, you can visit hp.com/support for the help.
If you are using Mac:
- Disconnect the cable from both the printer and system, if already connected.
- Now you need to open your web browser and then visit 123.hp.com and then search for your printers drivers.
- You need to enter the name or model number of your printer and then select the printer from the search result.
- Click Download from the Driver product installation software tab to start the downloading of the software.
- Now open the downloads folder and then run the downloaded file with the .dmg extension to start the installation.
- Select the USB to continue the process and then connect the USB cable when prompted.
- Now you need to follow the onscreen instructions to finish the process and then click Add or Plus (+) sign.
- You need to select your printers name which is displaying on the screen to add to the printers list.
- Now return to the activation wizard to complete the installation process and then try to print a test page.
We have mentioned the step by step procedure to setup HP Printer using USB on Windows PC as well as Mac computers. You can follow the procedure to set up your printer on your system and if you face issue then visit hp.com/support for the help.
FAQs – Setup HP Printer using USB:
- How to install HP Printer software?
- How to connect HP Printer to LAptop with USB?
- Error: HP Printer Assistant download failed.
- HP printer installs failed.
- How to change HP Printer from Wireless to USB?
- HP Printer Assistant download Windows 10 failed.
- How to download HP Envy 4520 USB setup?
- HP Printer program failed to download.
Our technical experts help you to resolve the issues which are related to your HP Printer. You can directly connect HP Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Setup HP Printer using USB”!