HP Printer Offline Windows – HP is a well-known brand amongst users for HP Laptop, HP Desktop and it’s Peripheral devices like HP Printers, etc. The HP Printers are available as All-in-one printers, Laser printers, DeskJet printers, and Color Laser printers. HP Printers uses the latest technology which offers accuracy while printing or scanning. If the HP Printer offline Windows issue occurs then that means the communication between HP Printer and the computer is tempered or lost. In order to resolve the issue, you can check the connection as well as the printer status on your system.
HP Printers – Printer is Offline (Windows)
Contact Us Now
Cause of the Issue – HP Printer Offline Windows Issue:
- The connection between the system and the HP printer is lost or Wrong USB connected.
- Use Printer Offline is selected in the printer properties.
- HP Printer is not selected as a default printer.
- Firmware is outdated.
- HP printers driver gets corrupted.
All of the above-mentioned reason can cause the ‘HP Printer Offline Windows’ issue in HP Printers. Here we are going to discuss the several methods to resolve the HP Printers – Printer is offline (Windows) issue.
Methods to fix HP Printer is offline Windows issue – HP Printer Support:
Method 1 – Check the connectivity:
- If the printer is connected to your system using a USB cable then you need to ensure that the cable is connected properly.
- You need to unplug the USB cable from both the ends and then replug it.
- Now you can check whether the printer goes online or not, if not then try using any other cable.
- If the issue still persists then visit hp.com/support for the further troubleshooting or contact HP Printer Support.
- In case of wireless connection, you need to ensure that both the devices should be on the same network.
- If the devices are on the same network and still giving the error then you can try to reconnect over the network.
- After connecting the printer to the network, try to print a test page.
- If the HP Printer offline Windows issue still persists then you can contact HP Printer Support.
Method 2 – Deselect Use Printer Offline:
- Click on the start button and then click on the “Devices and Printers” option from the right side menu.
- Now double click on the HP Printers icon and then select the Printer option from the top menu bar.
- You need to uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option from the drop-down list and then try to print.
- If still facing the HP Printer offline Windows issue then try to use another method or contact HP Printer Support.
Method 3 – Set the HP printer as the default printer:
- First, you need to click on the start button and then select Devices and Printers from the menu.
- Now right click on the HP Printers icon and then from the list select Set as Default Printer.
- After setting up the HP printer as the default printer, try to print a test page.
- If the problem still persists then follow another method or visit hp.com/support or contact HP Printer Support.
Method 4 – Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool:
Print and Scan Doctor tool helps you to diagnose and fix the issue, and it is specifically designed for the HP Printers.
- First, open your Web browser and then visit the link hp.com and download HP Print and Scan Doctor online.
- Save the file on your system and then double click on the installer file HPPSdr.exe to run the setup.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your system.
- After the successful installation of the tool, open the HP Print and Scan tool and then click start.
- Now you need to select your printer and then click Fix Printing.
- If the printer is not listed then turn off the printer and turn it on then click Retry. And then follow the above step.
- This will resolve HP Printer offline Windows issues, but if you still face the same issue then try to connect HP Printer Support for help.
Method 5 – Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer driver:
Uninstalling HP Printer:
- Click on the start button and then select the Control Panel from the menu.
- Now select Program and Features and then click on the Programs.
- You are now required to click Uninstall a program from the Programs tab.
- Now from the list of software select the product which you want to remove and then click Uninstall.
- Wait until the removal of the product is finished and then restart your system to save the changes.
Installing HP Printer:
- Visit hp.com and then enter the model number or name of your printer in the search box.
- Now from the list select your printer and then click Download Now and then save the file on your system.
- Double click on the installer file to run the setup and then click Yes to confirm the installation process.
- Click Agree to accept the terms and conditions and then follow the instructions given on-screen.
- Click on the Wired connection, if you want to connect with a USB cable and then follow the instruction.
- In case you want to connect over the wireless network then click on the wireless connection.
- Connect the USB cable between the system and your printer on a temporary basis and then select the network from the list.
- Enter the password provided by your service provider and then click connect.
- Remove the USB cable from both the ends, when prompted and wait to finish the process.
- After the successful installation clicks close and then start the application by double-clicking on the HP Printer icon.
You can follow either of the methods mentioned above to resolve the ‘HP Printer Offline Windows’ issue. You can also try to update the firmware of your HP printer to fix the printing issues. If the issue still persists and you need help then visit hp.com or contact HP Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).