HP Printer Offline Mac – The issue HP Printer Offline Mac is very common which can be caused by the interrupted or wrong communication between the printer and your Mac computer. You can resolve the issue by following the basic troubleshooting steps on your own. Here we are going to describe the cause of the HP Printer Offline Mac issue and their solution.
Common Issues while using HP Printer – HP Printer Offline Mac:
- Why does it say my Printer is not connected, Mac?
- How to add Printer to Mac?
- Error: HP Printer is Offline Mac.
- Why Mac can’t find Printer on the Wireless network?
- HP Printer Offline Mac Wireless.
- Issues with Canon Printer offline Mac.
The issues listed above can be resolved by performing the basic troubleshooting. In case of any other issue, you can directly connect to HP Printer Support by visiting the hp.com/support.
Cause of the HP Printer Offline Mac issue:
- Outdated printer driver.
- Outdated firmware.
- Issues with the network.
- The USB cable is not working or loose.
- The documents stuck in the queue.
- Paper jam
- HP Printer does not set as Default Printer.
HP Printers – Printer is Offline (Mac)
Contact Us Now
Steps to Resolve HP Printer Offline Mac issues – HP Printer Support:
Solution 1 – Ensure the connectivity between the Printer and system:
If the connection is Wired:
- First of all, you need to turn off the Printer if it is on and then unplug the USB cable from the printer.
- Now turn on the printer and then plug the USB cable into the printer.
- After connecting the USB cable try to print when the connection is established.
- If the HP Printer Offline Mac issue still persists then contact HP Printer Support for the further help.
If the Connection is Wireless:
- Restart the printer and then check whether the printer restored the connection or not.
- If the printer did not restore the connection then restart the router and then check the connectivity again.
- In case the printer is not connected to the network then you need to reset the Network connection.
- Connect the printer to a network again by using the SSID and password, provided by your service provider.
- After connecting the printer and system on the same network, try to print a test page.
- If the issue still exists then contact HP Printer Support by visiting the link hp.com/support online.
Solution 2 – Hard Reset the HP Printer:
- In order to do the hard reset, you need to unplug the power cable from the printer while the printer is on.
- First of all, turn on the printer and then unplug the power cable from both the printer and the power outlet.
- Now you have to wait for 1-2min or 60 sec and then replug the power cable.
- After connecting the power cable, you need to turn on the printer by pressing the power button on the printer.
- Now try to print again, if the issue still exists then connect with HP Printer Support for the further help.
Solution 3 – Remove the duplicate Printer:
- First of all, search for the Print on your Mac, you may see Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- You need to click on either of the options mentioned above and then search the name of your printer.
- If you found multiple printers with the same name or duplicate name then remove them from the list.
- Now set the remained printer as the default printer and then try to print a test page.
- If you find the HP Printer Offline Mac issue again, then you need to visit us at hp.com/support for the further assistance.
Solution 4 – Remove the Print Queue as well as add a Printer:
- First and the foremost, you need to ensure the high-speed internet connectivity on your Mac computer.
- Now go to the printers list and then click on the HP Printer from the list,
- You need to click on the Plus (+) sign to add the printer and Minus (-) sign to remove the printer.
- Now click Print Using or Use and click on the name of your printer then check the status of your printer.
- You can now try to print using your newly added printer and if you face the same issue then visit hp.cpm/support.
Solution 5 – Reset Printing system:
- Click on the Apple menu bar and then from the drop-down list you need to click on the System Preferences.
- Now select Print & Scan and now go to the printer list. Press and hold the Ctrl key while right-clicking in the list.
- Click on the Reset Printing System, when prompted and then Add your printer again by clicking the plus (+) sign.
- After adding the printer try to print and check if the problem is fixed or not.
- If you face the HP Printer Offline Mac issue then contact HP Printer Support online.
Solution 6 – Uninstall and Reinstall HP Printer driver:
The process to Uninstall HP Printer driver:
You can uninstall the HP printer using the ‘HP Uninstaller’ which have been installed on your system during the initial software installation.
- To uninstall the HP printer, click on the Finder, click on the GO option and then click Applications.
- Now open the HP folder and then double click on the HP Uninstaller folder and run the setup file.
- Follow the instructions which are displaying on the screen to remove the software.
- After completing the software removal process, you need to select HP folder and then drag it to Trash.
- You also need to drag the library into trash folder and then restart your Mac computer.
- When the system turned on then empty the Trash folder.
Steps to Reinstall HP Printer driver:
- Visit hp.com and then type the name of your printer into the search box and then select your printer from the list.
- Click on the download option to start the download and then save it to the system.
- Open your downloads folder and then double click on the downloaded file to run the setup.
- If you want to connect your printer with wire then select Wired from the activation wizard then,
- Connect the cable when prompted between both the printer and your system and then add your printer to the printer list.
- In case you want to connect the printer to the network then,
- Connect the USB cable on a temporary basis and then select your network name from the list.
- Enter your password and then click on the Connect. Disconnect the cable when prompted and then follow the instructions.
- Now you need to add your printer to the printer list and then try to print a test page.
After following the above procedures, if the HP Printer Offline Mac issue still persists then you can visit hp.com/support. You can also contact HP Printer Support for the 24/7 assistance at +1-(844) 583-2073 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “HP Printers – Printer is Offline (Mac) “!