HP Printer Error 79 – So one of our local clients called us and asked if we could do some printer troubleshooting. They have an HP LaserJet Pro 400 for a network printer. The problem, it keeps on getting service error 79 lately and the warranty is expired. This error message usually pops up when a print job is corrupted. It can also be caused by miscommunication between the spooler and the printer due to outdated firmware.
2 Solutions to Fix HP Printer Error 79
Contact Us Now
It is a very common issue on HP LaserJets so I came by the next day and checked things out. First thing I did was try the troubleshooting guide that HP gave out in forums, but sadly it didn’t resolve the problem. Hence, I attempted to sort out the printer issue based on my years of experience. Here I will be sharing the steps which fixed service error 79.
Solution 1: HP Printer Error 79
- Switch off the HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.
- Check and Remove print jobs from all the computers that have access to your network printer.
- In the domain network, check who owns each print job in “See What’s Printing” box.
- Log in to each of those accounts and try to remove them from the domain network.
- If you still cancel the print jobs via specified accounts, remove and add the HP LaserJet Pro 400 from the list in “Devices and Printers”.
Note: Solution 1 is sufficient in most cases but if the error still persists, proceed to the next steps.
Solution 2: HP Printer Error 79
- Switch on the LaserJet Pro 400.
- Make sure the printer is connected to the internet. You should have an Ethernet cable running from the device to your switch or router or modem.
- On the M401dn control panel/screen, tap the “Network” icon.
- Check the IP address of the printer. If it displays 192.168.XXX.XXX, it means you are connected to your home network.
- Otherwise, check this guide if you are getting something like 169.XXX.XXX.XX.
- Go back to the home screen and tap the “Settings” icon.
- Select LaserJet Update and check for firmware updates and make sure to get the latest.
- Continue by selecting the update. Then, download and install.
- After the firmware installs, you should be able to print again. I do highly recommend rebooting the HP LaserJet Pro 400 first to fully activate the new updates.
Similar Errors – HP Printer Support
- HP error 79 fix
- Error 79 HP printer 1536dnf
- HP 79 error turn off then on
- 79 service error HP laserjet cp5225
- 79 service error HP laserjet pro 200
- HP error 79 cp2025
- 79 error HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP solution
- HP color laserjet pro MFP m277dw 79 service error
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the HP Printer Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for HP Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “HP Printer Error 79“!