HP Printer Error 0X00000709 – Are you facing this error which is not allowing your printer to set and work as the default printer. Then in this article, you will get methods to fix this error in a few minutes. Furthermore, The similar error that users face are listed below, you use different methods to fix different errors.
- Unable to Set Printer as Default Printer
- Network Printer Error 0x00000709
- Printer Share Problem 0x00000709 Error
- 0x00000709 Windows 10
- Default Printer Cannot Be Set Windows 8
- 0x00000709 Add Printer
- Error 0x00000709 Windows 8
- Error 0x00000709 cannot Set Default Printer on Windows
- The operation could not be completed 0x00000709
Also, Get Instant help related to all these errors just by calling at HP Printer Support +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Unable to Set My Only Printer as Default Printer – Error 0X00000709
Contact Us Now
(888) 525-9575 (US/CA)
020 8123 1722 (UK)
This error represents that your computer is unable to set the Printer as the default printer. In such case, you will be needed to manually set the HP Printer you want to be your default printer. Here, we are going to discuss this error and give troubleshooting methods and steps to fix HP Printer Error 0X00000709. This can be fixed by setting the HP Printer as the default printer.
Method 1: Setting your Printer as Default Printer
You manually change the settings related to the default computer, by following this method.
- Firstly, On your Windows computer, click on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the monitor screen.
- Go to the Devices and Printers from the pop-up menu list. You can also search “Devices and Printers” in the search box.
- The list of the connecting printer will appear on your computer screen.
- Once done with the above step, right-click on the HP printer you wish to set as the default printer to fix HP Printer Error 0X00000709.
- Choose “See what’s printing” which will open a dialog box with the list of available print jobs.
- Click on the Printer at the menu bar of the Window.
- Choose to Run As Administrator from the options.
- Lastly, click on Set as Default Printer in the menu bar appears on the screen.
After completing the above steps, try printing a rough document to check whether the HP Printer Error 0X00000709 is fixed. In case you are still seeing Unable to set default printer error then you may need to try the next method.
Method 2: Rename the Registry File
This method will help you manually modify the registry file to fix the HP Printer Error 0X00000709. Note that the registry section is very sensitive, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Follow further steps to fix the error carefully. We also recommend you to back up the registry before moving on to the further troubleshooting steps.
- Firstly, On your Windows computer, click on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the search box, enter REGEDIT and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Under the Programs section, you will see REGEDIT. Click on it.
- If the User Account Control appears on your screen, click Yes to give permission to make changes to your computer.
- The Registry Editor screen will open up on your computer screen.
- Once you do that, on the left panel, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows.
- Now on the right panel, double-click on the Device.
- Under the Value Data, enter the name of the Printer, you wish to set as Default Printer.
- Click OK.
While editing the registry, you get the Error message “Cannot edit Device: Error writing the value’s new contents” then follow these steps.
- Go back to the Windows folder at the left panel and right-click on it.
- Once done with the above steps, click on Permissions, the permission for Windows panel will appear on your computer.
- Tick the Allow box for Full Control and Read. Then click Allow and Ok buttons.
- Right-click UserSelectedDefault from the right panel and click Rename to rename it as your printer name.
There you go! Finally, the HP Printer is set as the default printer on your computer device. In addition, the HP Printer Error 0X00000709 is fixed with your HP Printer.
Method 3: Contact HP Printer Support to solve HP Printer Error 0X00000709
If the error is still there then you need the help of an expert. Go to the next method to get the solution of all your HP Printer Error. If you wish to fix the HP Printer Error 0X00000709 which is making your printer unable to set as default printer. Then you may need the help of a technician. Call us at the toll-free number and get instant technical support whenever you want. Get help from a skilled and certified technician.
Get instant HP Printer Support just by placing a call at the toll-free number and reach to a skilled technician. For HP Printer Support give us a call at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).