Computer Says Printer Not Connected – HP Printers are easy to use and available at very affordable prices. The company offers a high printing quality printer for home as well as offices. You can easily install the driver of the printer to access all the features of your HP Printer. Sometimes, you may face some while using the printer like Computer says printer not connected. These errors are very common and can be caused by poor internet connection or wrong connectivity. In order to resolve the issue, “Computer says printer not connected”, you can try to restart all the devices.
Computer says printer not connected – HP Printer Support
Contact Us Now
Steps to restart the computer, router, and Printer:
- Computer: First of all you need to close all the running application including HP Printer assistance from the system.
- Now click on the start button and then restart your system.
- Router: You need to turn off the router and then turn on after 2 mins.
- Printer: First of all, you need to make sure that the printer is on and the printer is directly connected to the power outlet.
- Now unplug the power cable from the printer and after 2 mins replug it then turn on the printer.
Here we are going to describe the procedure which will help you to resolve the issues related to connectivity.
Steps to resolve Error – Computer says printer not connected:
Step 1 – Ensure the connectivity:
- In case the printer is connected using USB cable then,
- You need to check that the USB cable is properly connected to both the printer and system.
- Unplug the USB cable and then replug it.
- If still facing the same issues then you can try using any other USB cable to make sure that the cable is not tempered.
- In the connectivity is wireless then,
- Make sure the Wireless light is Turned On and steady on the printer and both the devices are connected to the same network.
- In case you are getting the error Computer says printer not connected while trying to print then try contacting HP Printer Support.
Step 2 – Run Print Scan Doctor:
- Visit hp.com/support and then search for the Print and Scan Doctor tool online.
- Select the product from the search results and then click the Download option to start the download.
- Now open the downloaded file and double-click to run the installer file on your system.
- After the successful installation of the Print and Scan Doctor tool, you need to double-click on the icon to start the application.
- Click Start which is on the welcome screen and then selects the select your Printer from the list.
- If the printer is not in the list then click My printer is not listed and then click Retry.
- Now you need to click on the Fix Printing then wait until the process is finished.
- After fixing the error Computer Says Printer Not Connected from your system, try to print a test page.
- If the issue still persists then visit 123.hp.com or contact us at HP Printer Support.
Step 1 – Check the Connectivity:
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the system using a USB cable or to a Wireless network.
- In case of USB cable connection, unplug the cable and then plug it again or use a new cable to make sure that the cable is not tempered.
- If the connection is wireless then you need to make sure that both the devices are properly connected to the same network.
- Check the Wireless settings on your printer as well as the Wireless Light, which should be steady.
- Now try to print a test page and if you see the same error Computer Says Printer Not Connected then go to next step.
Step 2 – Reset Printing System:
- Go to the Printers and Scanners and then right-click on the blank space in the printers list.
- Now you need to click on the Reset Printing System and then click Reset to confirm.
- Enter the username and password of the administrator, when prompted and then click Ok.
- Wait for the reset process to be finished and then add your printer to the Printers list again.
- In order to add the printer in the printers list, you need to click on the plus (+) sign or Add and then select the name of your printer.
- Now you are done and you can try to run a test print, if failed then call HP Printer Support.
You can follow these two steps to resolve the error Computer Says Printer Not Connected. In case the error still persists after following the above then you can try to uninstall and reinstall the driver of the printer.
Common connectivity issues of HP Printers:
- HP Printer not connecting to a computer.
- Error: Printer not connected Windows 10
- Why does it say my printer is not connected, Mac?
- Why HP Printer not connected Mac?
- How do you reconnect a wireless printer?
- Why does my HP Printer not printing anything?
If you need any help for the Uninstallation and Reinstallation of the HP Printer driver then you may contact HP Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “Computer Says Printer Not Connected”!