Dell Laptop not Charging – Many Dell laptop users have found that their laptop battery cannot be charged. The battery indicator on their laptop says it’s not charging even when there’s an AC adapter connecting to their device.
You may find this issue frustrating. It makes your Dell laptop unusable without an AC adapter. And it is very inconvenient — maybe you need to use your laptop at a place without any power socket!
Dell Laptop not Charging
Contact Us Now
Don’t worry. Here are a few tips you can try to fix this issue. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
Solution: Dell Laptop not Charging
Solution 1: Reconnect your AC adapter and your battery
One of the simplest and most effective ways to fix this issue is to reconnect your AC adapter and your laptop battery. To do so:
- Power off your laptop.
- Unplug the AC adapter and the battery from your laptop.
- Press and hold the power button on your laptop for 20 seconds to release the residual power in your laptop.
- Reconnect the battery and the AC adapter to your laptop.
- Power on your laptop and check to see if the battery can be charged.
Solution 2: Plug your laptop into a wall socket
- It is possible that your laptop battery cannot be charged because you are using a surge protector. It can affect the functionality of the adapter. Try powering off your laptop and connecting the AC adapter directly to a wall socket. Then start your laptop and see if the problem resolves.
Solution 3: Try another AC adapter
- The issue may result from the faulty AC adapter you are using. You can test your laptop battery with another AC adapter and see if it can charge your battery. If the new AC adapter works for you, you should have the original one replaced.
Solution 4: Reinstall your battery driver
The problem can also occur if you are using the wrong battery driver. You can reinstall the driver and see if this fixes your problem.
To reinstall your battery driver, you can utilize Device Manager of your operating system. Connect your laptop to the Internet, and then find and uninstall the battery driver in Device Manager. After that restart, your laptop and the driver will be automatically reinstalled.
You can also uninstall your battery driver easily using Driver Easy.
Driver Easy can help you manage the drivers on your computer. You can use it to update the drivers that are out of date or wrong. It will automatically find you the correct drivers that are suitable for your operating system. You don’t need to risk downloading a wrong driver or making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install drivers with either the Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, you can do it with just TWO clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee).
You can also use the Pro version to uninstall the battery driver:
- Open Driver Easy.
- Click Tools.
- Click Driver Uninstall.
- Double-click System Drivers and then Batteries. Then click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Solution Battery. After that, click Uninstall. The battery driver will be uninstalled immediately.
- Close Driver Easy and restart your computer. The battery driver will be reinstalled automatically after that. Check if your battery can be charged now.
Solution 5: Update your BIOS
BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the program that manages the connection between the operating system and the laptop hardware devices. Sometimes faulty BIOS settings can result in the laptop not charging issue. You can update your BIOS to fix the faulty settings.
To update the BIOS, go to the Dell official site and find the support page of your laptop. Then download the latest BIOS update and install it on your computer. (Consult the instructions by Dell support on how to update the BIOS.)
IMPORTANT: Be extra careful about updating the BIOS and always backup your data before doing it. If you make a mistake or an error occurs, your laptop may become unusable and you may suffer from a loss of data.
Similar Issues – Dell Laptop Support
- Dell laptop not charging or turning on
- Dell Inspiron plugged in not charging fix
- Fix Dell plugged in not charging Windows 10
- Dell laptop battery not charging but laptop works with power adaptor
- Dell latitude plugged in not charging
- Laptop plugged in not charging
- Dell ac adapter not working
- Dell laptop not recognizing the charger
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the Dell Laptop Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for Dell Laptop Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).