Upgrade D-Link Router Firmware – If you set up your wireless router at home and haven’t taken the time to check for firmware updates you could be missing out on important security updates or new feature. If this is the case you may want to check out the guide below where I walk you through the steps necessary to update your D-Link router’s firmware so that you have the latest and most secure version of the router’s software.
Before you proceed with these instructions, I recommend that you backup your router’s configuration file.
Upgrade D-Link Router Firmware
Contact Us Now
Steps to Upgrade D-link Router Firmware – D-Link Router Support:
- First, you need to log in to your router by visiting http://192.168.0.1 or the address you used when the router was configured. Click Tools then Firmware.
- After that click, the Check Now button in the Firmware Information section on the page.
- In case you see the “This firmware is the latest version” message, I’d take it with a grain of salt. I’ve seen this many times even when new updates were available. The best thing to do is head over to the D-Link website and find your router.
- Click the Firmware link on the right, when you reach the product page.
- Now scroll down the firmware list and find the latest version of the firmware. Make sure that it is newer than the one you are currently using (Step 2/A above). Click the Download button to begin downloading the new firmware version, save it to your computer.
- When the download is completed return to the D-Link router page and clicks the Choose File button.
- Now locate and select the file you just downloaded and click Open.
Note: Before you continue with the upload make sure that you are using a computer that is connected directly to the router, no wireless connections, please.
- Furthermore, click Upload.
- When you see the prompt about backing up your configuration file, click OK if you’ve backed up the file to continue.
- Now click OK to confirm that you chose the correct firmware file.
The firmware update will be uploaded to the router and the router will reboot. After which you may see a page with a 15-second countdown. Once completed, head over to the router’s admin page by visiting http://192.168.0.1 on your browser. Enter the default username – admin and password – none. If entering a blank password does not work, try admin as the password also.
Once you are in, follow the instructions in the backup and restore configuration file guide to restore your router’s configuration. in case you have any issues regarding the D-Link router firmware upgrade then you may contact D-Link Router Support.
Related Questions – D-Link Router Support:
- How to Download D-Link DSL-2750u latest firmware update
- D-Link firmware update DSL-2750u
- Issues with the D-Link firmware update dir-615
- D-Link 2730u firmware update
- D-Link DSL-224 firmware download failed
- How to install D-Link dir 600m firmware update
- d link software free download
- d link router problems
For more information please contact D-Link Router Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK) for further help.
Hope you like the Article related to “8 simple Steps to Upgrade D-Link Router Firmware”!