Setup D-Link Router – After purchasing a new D-Link router, Are you wondering how to set up D-Link Router? And also you want to get your fast Wi-Fi up and running using the router? Then you can select D-Link’s Quick Router Setup process, it should be a piece of cake. But just in case you’d like some extra help, this article explains the entire process and even provides links to helpful resources as well.
How to Setup D-Link Router
Contact Us Now
Unboxing the Router – Setup D-Link Router:
Even though the older devices may include a setup wizard CD instead of a Wi-Fi configuration card but your box should include:
- Power adapter
- Ethernet cable
- Wi-Fi Configuration Card
- Quick Install Guide
Keep things in mind before you Begin
- The users with DSL providers – If you are using a PPPoE connection, you will need your PPPoE username and password. If you do not have this information, contact your Internet service provider (ISP). Do not proceed until you have this information.
- Users with Cable providers – Make sure you unplug the power to your modem. In some cases, you may need to turn it off for up to 5 minutes.
- The users with a Modem/Router Combo – If your ISP provided you with a modem/router combo, you will need to set it to “bridge” mode so your D-Link router can work properly. Please contact your ISP or refer to the user manual for your modem/router device.
Simple steps to set up D-Link router – D-Link Router Support:
Step 1: First of all, you need to connect the included power adapter to a wall socket and your router as well.
Step 2: Now connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN (or internet) port of both your modem and router, connecting the two. (WAN ports are normally yellow)
Step 3: Furthermore you need to give it a moment to start up with a light indication of it.
Wait until the router is turned on.
Step 4: After that go to your computer or mobile device to check network preferences.
Step 5: Now, look at your network preferences and connect to the Wi-Fi Name (SSID) found on the provided Wireless Configuration Card and enter the password also listed on the card.
Voila! You’re connected. Now you can enjoy the wireless internet connection to browse or surf on your system.
In case the above step didn’t work then,
- First, you need to unplug the power to your Cable/DSL Internet Modem
- Now connect an Ethernet cable from your computer/laptop to a LAN port (Port 1,2,3 or 4) on your router
- Furthermore, you need to connect your Cable/DSL modem to the Internet Port on your router
- Now you need to turn on both the router and your Internet Cable/DSL Modem
- Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox) and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Now you should be prompted with the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard, Click Next to Begin.
This wizard will only appear in the first configuration. If your router has been configured previously, you will need to reset it to go through the setup. To reset your device to default settings, press and hold the reset button (on the back of the router) for 10 seconds and release.
The lights on the front of the router should all flash and reboot. – Return to step 5
- The Router will perform a scan to determine the type of internet service you have. If successful, the Internet Setup will be skipped.
- If the scan was not successful, you will be prompted to select your Internet Type:
- DHCP Connection (Dynamic IP Address) – Cable Internet Service (Rogers, Shaw, Cogeco, Videotron, Teksavvy)
- Username / Password (PPPoE) – DSL Internet Service (Bell Sympatico, Teksavvy DSL, Sasktel, Acanac)
- Username: Your Internet username (Provided by your Internet Service Provider)
- Password: Your Internet Password (Provided by your Internet Service Provider)
- Next is your Wireless Settings. Enter a New Wireless Network Name and Password. This password is what you will need when connecting to your wireless signal for the first time.
- Enter a password for your router. This password is needed when you want to log into the router configuration setup page.
- Note: This is not your wireless password
- Select your Time Zone.
- A summary of your wireless settings is displayed. This includes your wireless network name and your wireless password. Click Save.
- The router will now reboot to apply your new settings and the setup is complete.
By following the above procedure you will be able to set up D-Link router, but if you still need additional assistance then you can contact D-Link Router Support for the 24/7 support.
FAQs – D-Link Router Support:
- how to setup Dlink router dir 600m
- D-Link router setup password
- how to connect the Dlink router to the internet
- d link router setup IP
- how to access Dlink router settings
- D-Link setup wizard
- Issues with the D-Link router setup wizard
- D-Link router reset
For further details contact D-Link Router Support at +1-(844) 673.-7300 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “How To Fix Netgear Router Blinking Green Power Light”!