How to fix Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78

//How to fix Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78

How to fix Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78

Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78 – Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78, is related to the center thermistor reading a rapid temperature rising failure. The error can be caused by a few different types of problems but typically can be resolved with a simple reset of the machine in Maintenance Mode area of the machine. The Brother Printers Fuser Error 76 & 78 or ‘Self-Diagnostic’ indicates the fuser unit is too hot, too cold, or is not heating up fast enough. It is a mechanical malfunction of the Brother machine and the machine will need to be reset.

Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78

Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78

Contact Us Now

Steps to Fix Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78:

Steps To reset the Brother machine:

  • Press and hold down the Power key to turn the machine off.
  • Unplug the power cord from the back of the machine.
  • Wait approximately 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back into the machine.
  • Press and hold down the Power key to turn the machine on.
  • If the display reads ‘Ready’, the problem is resolved.
  • If the message ‘Fuser Error’ or ‘Self Diagnostic’ Error continues to appear on the display, leave the machine on for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, try powering the machine off and on again.
  • If the display reads ‘Ready’, the problem is resolved.

Brother Printer Fuser Error

Steps to Reset manually:

Maintenance Mode: There are two ways to enter Maintenance Mode.

  • First, and easiest, hold down the  Menu button then turn the machine on while holding down.
  • Once the display reads  Maintenance press ( 9, 9 )  and the machine will reset.
  • Second,  Press Buttons Menu,*,2,8,6,4 If done correctly the display will read Maintenance and the lights all the display will blink.
  • Next Press Button 9 twice ( 9,9 ).  The machine will exit out of maintenance mode and start the normal warm-up procedure. 99% of the time it will fix the problem. The other 1% of the time you will need to replace the fusing assembly.

In case the above method does not fix the Brother Printers Fuser Error 76 & 78 then you need to replace the fuser unit. You can also contact the Brother Printer Support for the further troubleshooting to fix the issue.

Related Errors to Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78 – Brother Printer Support:

  • unable to print 76 Brother MFC-j430w
  • brother DCP j100 print unable 76
  • brother MFC j6510dw error 76
  • how to fix brother printer error
  • brother printer error message
  • brother printer fuser error
  • Error: brother printer error 50
  • brother printer unable to print 76
  • unable to print 76 Brother MFC-j430w
  • brother MFC j430w paper jam error
  • printer unable 78
  • brother printer error message
  • print unable 78 MFC 8690dw
  • brother printer error light
  • brother fax error codes
  • Error: brother machine error 78
  • brother error code 0a
  • brother 8890 print unable 78
  • print unable 78 brother
  • brother self-diagnostic error
  • brother MFC 7360n fuser error
  • Error: brother self-diagnostic will automatically restart within 15 minutes
  • brother printer replace fuser
  • brother fuser error
  • Error: brother printer unable to print 76
  • brother MFC j625dw unable to clean 76

For further help call Brother Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).

Hope you like the Article related to “Brother Printer Fuser Error 76 & 78”!

About the Author: