Brother Error E1 – In order to resolve Brother Error E1, a firmware update is needed. In order to apply a successful firmware update, the machine must be able to print from your computer. If the machine has never been configured to print using a local connection, continue to Method 1.
The local connection would be temporary. Once the machine has the latest firmware, you would be able to use machine wirelessly once configured.
Methods to fix Brother Error E1 – Brother Printer Support:
Method 1 – Connect the Brother machine to the computer
For USB cable setup – Install USB Printer Driver:
- First of all, make sure the USB cable is disconnected from the Brother machine.
- Furthermore, log on to your computer with administrator rights and then follow the given instructions to start the install.
Download for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10:
- Now, download the Full Driver & Software Package from the manufacturer website.
- Once the installation starts, choose your Language/Country and click OK. Go to the next step.
CD-ROM for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1
- First of all, Insert the Brother CD into your PC. If prompted, choose your machine and then choose your language.
- If the CD does not automatically run, browse to (My) Computer and then double click on the Brother icon to run the CD.
- Furthermore, click Install Printer Driver. and then Go to the next step.
- After reading and accepting the License Agreement, click Yes if you agree to the terms.
- Furthermore, select Local or USB Connection and click Next.
- When prompted to plug in the USB cable, connect the USB cable to the USB port on the back of your Brother machine and also to an available USB port on your computer.
We recommend you use a type A/B USB cable that is no longer than 6 feet directly connected from your machine to your computer. Other cable configurations may work, but connection loss is common.
- Furthermore, turn on your Brother machine. The installation should continue automatically.
It will take a few moments for all the screens to appear. Please don’t try to cancel any of the screens during this installation. In case a Windows security screen appears, click the checkbox and click Install to complete the installation correctly.
Brother Error E1
Contact Us Now
For HL3170CDW, make sure the cable is not in your Brother machine’s ethernet port.
- When the user’s guides screen is displayed, click Next.
- If you receive the “Environmental Advice for Imaging Equipment” screen, click Next.
- When the “On-Line Registration” screen is displayed, make your selection and follow the instructions. Click Next.
- When the “Setup Complete” window appears, you may enable (check) or disable (uncheck) the following settings and then click Next:
Enable Status Monitor on Startup: A software tool for monitoring device status and error notifications from your PC.
Set as Default Printer: Set this printer as the default printer for the current user.
- When the second “Setup Complete” window appears, you may enable (check) or disable (uncheck) the following setting and then click Finish.
– OmniJoin: Online meetings from Brother. Learn more about a free web conferencing trial offer.
– Brother Product Research and Support Program: Help us plan enhancements to our products.
- When the “Software Update Setting” screen appears, choose the software update setting you want and click OK.
If the “Brother Product Research & Support Program” starts up, follow the on-screen instructions if you would like to participate. Internet access is required for these options.
First, make sure the printer is turned on and directly connected to your computer with a USB cable and then follow the given instructions.
Download for Mac OSx 10.6.8 – 10.10
- First of all, Download the Printer Driver from the manufacturer website.
- Furthermore, open the location of the downloaded software and double-click on the downloaded file with the .dmg extension.
- The Downloaded files are typically saved in the Downloads folder in the Dock but vary based on your web browser’s settings.
- If you don’t find the Downloads folder in the Dock, click Finder in the Dock. Click Go to the Finder bar at the top of the screen and then click (Home) → Downloads.
- Double-click the installer package icon xxxxxxxx.pkg. Go to the next step.
CD-ROM for Mac OSx 10.6.8 – 10.8:
- First, put the CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive and then double-click the Brother CD icon on the desktop.
- Furthermore, double-click the Start Here OSX icon and select your model then click Next.
- Now select Local or USB Connection and then Go to the next step.
Installing: Brother Error E1
- First of all, click Continue. After that, if you receive the Environmental Advice for Imaging Equipment screen, click Next.
- Furthermore, on the License Agreement screen, click Continue. In case you agree to the terms, click Agree.
- Now, when prompted, select the hard drive where you want to install the printer driver, click Continue.
- In conclusion, click Install. If you want to change the location of the installation, you may click Change Install Location and then specify a different directory.
- Furthermore, enter your Mac password, when prompted and then click Install Software or OK. This is the password that you use to log into your Macintosh computer.
- Finally, you need to follow these instructions to finish the installation process.
Download for Mac OSx 10.6.8 – 10.10:
- First of all, on the installation was a successful screen, click Close and then Add the printer.
CD-ROM for Mac OSx 10.6.8 – 10.8:
- First, select your Brother Printer from the list, and then click Next.
- If you receive a message stating: Device not found, do the following:
- Make sure that your machine is turned on.
- Check that the USB cable is connected directly to the USB port on the Brother machine and to an available USB port on the Macintosh. Remove any hubs or extensions if necessary.
- Try a different USB cable and other available ports on the Macintosh.
- To search for the machine again, click the gear icon under the list of available printers, and then click Refresh.
- Furthermore, click Add Printer and then select your printer from the list and then click Add. Be sure that the CUPS driver has been selected for the “Use” or “Print Using” drop-down so that you have full printing functionality. Do not select an AirPrint driver if listed.
- Now you need to click Next.
- In addition, when the Brother support screen appears, you may choose any of the available optional installations. Once complete, click Next.
- Furthermore, once the driver installation is finished, click Close.
- In conclusion, on the installation was a successful screen, click Close.
In case you are able to print from your computer using a local or USB connection then follow the method given below.
Method 2 – Update the firmware:
You can try updating firmware by visiting the manufacturer website, in case you found any new updates then you can download and install without any trouble. in case you need any help then you may also contact Brother Printer Support.
Method 3 – Setup wireless printing:
Once the Brother Printer has the latest firmware, configure the wireless printer using the control panel. For the steps you can directly contact Brother Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
FAQs – Brother Printer Support:
- Brother Printer E1 error
- Brother sewing machine error E6
- E5 error on brother sewing machine
- how to fix E1 error on jack sewing machine
- Brother sewing machine error codes
- Fix Brother sq9050 error E1
- Brother ce1100prw E1 error
- Brother sq9185 E1
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the Brother Printer Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for Brother Printer Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1722 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “3 Methods to Fix Brother Error E1”!