AVG Update Error – AVG is one of the popularly used antivirus software across the world. It protects your device from all kinds of online threats, including viruses, malware, spyware, malicious software and even Petya ransomware. All you need to do is install and activate it on your device, and it will automatically scan your data and files after a regular interval of time.
AVG Update Error
Contact Us Now
Check AVG Server Settings
One of the possibilities to make this error occur could be “the connection to the AVG server is blocked”. This happens when you use a firewall or some content filtering applications. To troubleshoot this, make sure these applications or the firewalls are not stopping AVG from connecting to the internet. You can also disable the program temporarily till your AVG gets updated.
Correct your Network Settings
Check the network settings of your computer device by following these steps.
- Click Search and then Control Panel
- In-Network and Sharing, open Network and Sharing Centre
- Right-click the connection you use and click Disable it
- Now, Enable it again
Check whether the AVG Update Error is fixed or not. The error still resides then you can call the AVG Support for assistance.
Check Internet Settings of your Computer
Incorrect internet settings, including DNS server details, can also cause this error. Generally, viruses or malware that affect your system also affect these settings. To fix this, follow these steps.
- Open Control Panel and then open the Network and Sharing Centre
- Click Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click the connection you use and choose Properties
- Now, double-click the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item on the Networking tab
- Once done, check and alter the internet settings, including IP address and DNS, according to your Internet Provider
- Click OK to confirm the changes then close the Window.
In case these methods do not help you fix the AVG Update Error then you can also try the Uninstall and Reinstall Method. When you reinstall the AVG the update will automatically install in the process.
FAQ’s – AVG Update Error
- AVG update failed 2017
- AVG update failed windows 10
- AVG update unknown error
- AVG update problems 2017
- AVG unknown error
- AVG update failed 2018
- AVG free
- AVG update failed installation corrupted
- AVG update keyboard not working
- AVG update general failure windows 7
- AVG update general error 2014
- AVG not updating
- AVG not up to date
- AVG not updating Windows XP
- AVG not updating unknown error
- AVG not updating the virus database
- AVG not updating virus definitions
- AVG not updating windows 10
- AVG not updating mac
- AVG not updating automatically
- AVG not installing updates
- AVG not downloading updates
- general error when trying to update
- general error update failed 2014 windows 7
- AVG general errors update failed 2014
- AVG updates general error 2014
- AVG antivirus general errors update manager
- AVG 2013 general error updates failed
- AVG general errors on update
- AVG error update failed
- AVG error update
- AVG zen not updating
- AVG 8.5.455 not updating
If you wish to fix all these errors then call the AVG Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for AVG Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).