AVG stops Working – If you find that AVG stops working on your Mac then you need to uninstall and reinstall it. This error occurs due to some missing files while downloading. It can also happen because of an incomplete installation. AVG also stops opening because of incompatible system configuration. In order to make your AVG work smoothly, you need to have a configured system that can run AVG properly. Visit AVG Support to know all the latest news related to AVG antivirus.
AVG Stops Working
Contact Us Now
You can also uninstall and reinstall AVG if you want to resolve AVG stops working issue. In this article, we are describing the complete procedure to uninstall and reinstall AVG on your Mac.
Method 1. Steps to uninstall AVG antivirus for Mac – AVG Support
There are many reasons because of which AVG stops working. You can uninstall AVG if you find it difficult to open it. Following are the steps to do so:
- You are advised to turn on your Mac to begin the uninstallation process.
- In the next step, you need to go to the AVG antivirus for Mac.
- Afterward, you need to click on the AVG antivirus on the menu bar.
- In the drop-down, select ‘Uninstall AVG antivirus…’ option.
- A pop-up appears on the screen just after that.
- You simply need to click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Furthermore, you need to enter your Mac administrator password to begin the uninstallation.
- Type your Mac credentials and click ‘ok’.
- Finally, it will take a while to complete the uninstallation.
Method 2. Steps to uninstall AVG antivirus for Mac – AVG Support
If you find it difficult to uninstall AVG from the prescribed method in method 1 then you can follow the given steps. This method can also help uninstall it if AVG stops working:
- First of all, you need to go to the finder on your Mac computer.
- Secondly, you need to click on ‘go’ from the menu bar options.
- Furthermore, click on the ‘utilities’ from the drop-down list.
- In the utility window, locate the ‘terminal’ icon and click to open it.
- Once the ‘command line’ opens you need to type the following command in the command-line –
- Just after that, you need to press hit ‘return’ button to execute the command.
- Once you executed the command, a pop-up appears on the screen.
- Finally, you need to click on ‘uninstall’ button.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
After uninstallation of AVG, your computer is not safe anymore. It is more prone to cyber-attacks. You need to reinstall AVG to your Mac so that your data and other important information can be secured.
Method 3. Steps to install AVG antivirus for Mac – AVG Support
As we mentioned that initially, you need to uninstall AVG and then reinstall it if AVG stops working in your PC. Follow the given steps to install AVG antivirus on your computer:
- Initially, you need to open your browser on your Mac computer.
- Visit www.avg.com from your web browser.
- Furthermore, you need to click on the ‘free download’ option.
- It will automatically download in your PC.
- Afterward, you need to locate the downloaded file in your computer.
- Double-click on it to start the installation wizard.
- On the dialogue box, you need to double-click on the ‘Install AVG antivirus’.
- Just after that, a pop-up will appear on your screen.
- You need to click the ‘continue’ button to move further.
- Again, click on the ‘continue’ on the introduction page.
- In the next step, you need to click ‘continue’ again on the pop-up that appears on the screen.
- Lastly, click on ‘install’ button and then type your Mac password to complete the installation.
Queries Related to AVG Stops Working – AVG Support
- avg not working 2018
- avg stopped working windows 10
- How to get avg free?
- avg free not working
- avg antivirus not working
- How to install avg antivirus?
- avg not protected
- avg you are not protected
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the AVG Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for AVG Support at +1-(888) 525-9575 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “What to do if AVG Stops Working in Mac?”!