AVG Proxy Error- Before digging deep inside the question and its solution. Let’s get through some basics of what proxy is? And What AVG proxy error stands for? Simply saying, Proxy is a server which stands as a pool between a user and a service provider. It is vital for security purposes. A proxy server helps you to make your identity anonymous on the internet. Sometime, if you are facing some disturbances while surfing the internet, it may be because you have disturbed the proxy setting from your LAN. However, if you are facing AVG Proxy Error, it might also be because your internet browser has some problems. It is not always because of AVG or any other computer software.
AVG Proxy Error
Contact Us Now
In this article, we will discuss the possible ways to short out the AVG Proxy Error or Proxy Error.
Going through the AVG Proxy Error solutions:
Solution 1. In case of Mozilla Firefox.
Mozilla Firefox is unlike any other internet browser, helps you to browse the internet and download things of your interest. If you are using the Mozilla Firefox internet browser, you can try disabling the Proxy setting of the browser. I am here providing some steps to disable Mozilla proxy setting:
- Firstly, you need to open the Mozilla Firefox browser by double-clicking on the icon if it is available on your computer screen.
- In case, there are no shortcuts of Mozilla Firefox on your screen, then I must tell you to see below step.
- Move your mouse pointer to the Down left corner of your computer screen. There you will find a button with a windows logo on it.
- Please go ahead, and make sure that you have clicked on that button.
- Once you have clicked on that window button, a slide consisting of many options appear.
- All you have to do is to find out a blank space written in watermark “ search programs and files”.
- If you find that space, point your cursor there, click once and type “Mozilla Firefox” and press Enter.
- You will find that the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is opened on your screen now.
Once Firefox Opens
- On the top of the screen of the browser, just below the blue border, you will find “tools” among many other options.
- Furthermore, you need to click on “tools” to get a list of options opening downwards.
- Among the options provided in the list, you need to see for the “option” button.
- You will find “option” almost in the last of that list. Please click on that particular button.
- Clicking further to that button, you will be seeing many other options.
- Among all those options, you have to click on the “advance” button to get further options.
- After clicking on the “advance” button, you will see some tabs just below that option.
- You need to click on the “settings” tab among those different tabs.
- After clicking on “setting”, this will take you to another window.
- On this window, you will have to make sure that you will select the “no proxy” option.
- In the end, to save all the changes please press “ok”.
- You can now use your Mozilla Firefox browser to surf internet hassle-free.
Solution 2. In the case of Google Chrome
Unlike Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome is also an internet browsing software. Google has made this browser. Sometime, In google chrome, AVG proxy error kind of things occur. As I mentioned earlier that this error does not occur because of the AVG, it happens because of some changes in settings. Follow these steps to make changes in the settings:
- In the beginning, make sure that you have “Chrome” on your computer screen.
- If it is not available on your computer screen, you can get it in another way.
- To get chrome, you need to click on the “start” button on your computer screen. It generally found in the left-most corner in the taskbar.
- Next step after clicking on start, you need to write “chrome” in the blank screen of the slide available next to you.
- Press enter after that, here “google chrome” windows have been opened in front of you.
Once Chrome opens
- Once your chrome is open, take your cursor to the upper left corner of your “Chrome screen”. Just below the “X” icon. You will see three vertical dots there.
- Go ahead, and click on that dots to get a list of options.
- When the list appears in front of you, “navigate” to the settings option and click on it.
- Further clicking, a new window will appear in front of you.
- Afterward, you have to use your mouse to scroll down and reach to the “advance” option. Which is available at the bottom.
- After that, scroll down using your cursor till you find a section named “restore and clean up”.
- In the end, you need to click on the option “restore setting on their original defaults” and confirm the changes.
- I will suggest you to start using Google Chrome once you have finished with the above procedures.
Solution 3. In the case of AVG
If you have tried all the above-written solution and yet to find the solution for AVG Proxy Error. Let’s talk on this, sometimes update process of AVG requires some changes or you can say need to be configured when you are connecting to the internet by using a proxy server. To configuring AVG update process following steps are required:
- First of all, go to the icon of AVG antivirus available on your desktop.
- If you do not have a shortcut icon of AVG on your desktop, you can use another way to find AVG.
- In the process of finding the AVG software icon, you need to go to the “start” icon available just left the most corner of your desktop screen.
- When you click on that icon, a slide opens in an upward direction.
- In that slide, try to find a search box available there. Once you get the search box, type AVG in that blank search box and press Enter.
- AVG program will open shortly.
Once AVG opens
- Once the AVG window opens move your cursor to the upper right corner of the of AVG program just below the close [X] button.
- After that, you need to click on the “options” button available below the close button [x].
- Furthermore, when you click on the “options”, you are going to find a list.
- In that particular list click on “advance setting” option which you can find at last in that list.
- In the left pane of that “advance setting” window, navigate the tab “update” and click on it to expand it. The sub-tab “proxy” will open, click on it.
- Go to the right pane of that window try clicking on “use proxy” to connect to the internet.
- If it fails to connect to the internet, use the option “Use proxy if it fails, connect directly”.
Note:- Aforementioned steps are for AVG antivirus or AVG internet product.
Some of the FAQs:
- com.avg.proxy mac
- avg asking for proxy settings
- avg free
- upgrade avg
- avg update
- avg VPN
- directory update AVG
- how to update avg 2018
If you wish to fix all these queries then call the AVG Support for assistance. Also, when you place a call at our toll-free number, we redirect your call to one of our skilled technicians. Furthermore, the technician takes your issue and helps you fix it. Call now for AVG Support at +1-(844) 455-8013 (US/CA) or 020 8123 1772 (UK).
Hope you like the Article related to “How to Resolve AVG proxy error- AVG Support”!