Setup Dell Printer Network or Setup Dell Printer over Network or wifi – Not in front of your printer and want to print? Unable to connect your Dell printer to the network? If your answer is Yes, then learn how to connect your Dell printer wirelessly to your system. Once the printer is connected to the network then there is no need to be in front of the printer to give the print command. Now Setup Dell Printer Network easily over network or WiFi.
By setting up the printer over the network makes the life easy, as you can print without connecting USB cable between the printer and your computer. And also there will be no need to be in front of the printer to print any document or file.
There are three ways to setup dell printer over the network:
Setup using Wireless Setup Wizard on your system:
- Make sure that the USB cable is connected to both the printer and computer.
- Now click start button on the bottom left screen of your system
- Select programs then click Dell printers
- Now choose dell Printer home and click settings tab.
- Click Wireless setup utility.
- Now on the screen, you will see a list of available networks. Select the network which you want.
- Enter the required password.
- Now you will be notified to remove the USB cable from both the printer and computer. Detach the USB cable.
- Now the setup is finished. You can start printing documents and images from your printer now.
Setup from the printer itself:
- Plug the Dell printer into the power source and turn on the printer.
- Now connect the USB cable to the printer from one end and other to your system.
- To set up your printer over the network, you must know the SSID and password provided by the internet service provider.
- Now turn on the wireless from the printer itself.
- Now go to the Network menu and click settings.
- Select setup wizard from the options.
- Now you will the list of the available network on your printer screen.
- Select the name of your network from the list.
- If you don’t find the name of your network then you can enter the network name manually.
- Now enter the WEP or WPA key precisely.
- Remove the cable from printer and computer, once you will be prompt to remove.
- Your printer is now connected to your wireless network.
- If your printer has the touch display then there will be no need to connect the USB cable temporarily between the computer and printer. It’s only required in printers without a touch display.
Using WPS setup or wi-fi protected setup:
- Start the WPS push button mode on your Dell printer. Wait for 2 minutes and then press the WPS button on your router.
- Now you will be connected to the wireless network.
By following the above steps with the precision you will be able to setup dell printer over the network. If still having issues then contact Dell printer support for more help and information regarding your Dell printer.