Fix brother printer drivers issues in Windows 7 – Unable to print via USB cable? Printer not responding over the network? We are going to discuss the step by step procedure here, with which you will be able to determine the cause of the issue and resolve it.
Brother makes a wide range of peripheral devices with the very competent features and can be used wirelessly or with USB cable. But technology can fail sometimes and give you difficulty in printing. Brother printer drivers issues in Windows 7, maybe because of the driver’s malfunctions or connection loss.
To resolve the brother printer drivers issues in windows 7 :
If Brother printer Connected wirelessly:
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and has a paper in the paper tray.
- Print the Network Configuration Report to ensure the connectivity between brother printer and your computer.
- Check if report gets printed then, check for the IP address in the report whether it is valid or not.
- If Printer did not print then report then, check for any error and contact Brother Printer Support if found any error.
- If IP address is not valid then,
- Connect your brother printer over the wireless network. click here(connect brother printer over network blog) for the instructions.
- If IP address is valid then,
- Uninstall the drivers to resolve the brother printer drivers issues in windows 7 completely.
- Now install the brother printer drivers in Windows 7 by using driver CD or downloading from the manufacturer website, and connect it to the wireless network. Click here for the instructions.
- Now restart your computer and printer and run a test print.
If brother printer connected via USB:
- Turn on the printer and check for the error message on the screen.
- If found any error then troubleshoot accordingly to resolve.
- If there is no error on the screen then ensure the connectivity between the computer and your brother printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer, and plug it again. Now run the test print to check whether it is printing or not.
- If printer did not print then,
- go to the Printer and Devices and make sure that brother printer is set to default. If not then make it default by right-clicking on the printer icon.
- Now print a test page. If making the printer default does not resolve the issue then Uninstall the brother printer driver.
- Download the Brother printer drivers for windows 7 from the manufacturer website and install them, or use the driver CD which came along with the printer.
- Now restart both the printer and computer and then run the test print.
If still facing the same issues then contact brother printer support for more information and help.