AVG antivirus error 0xE001C046 can occur during the installation or un-installation process of your copy of the AVG antivirus on the system. Here we are going to discuss the error symptoms and some basic steps which helps you to troubleshoot AVG antivirus error 0xE001C046. AVG is one of the most used Antivirus and very popular brand. Antivirus is provided by the AVG are free to use and can be downloaded from the link www.avg.com/download.
You can manage your antivirus subscription and renewal by visiting AVG My Account, using the link avg.com/myaccount. To activate the AVG subscription, you are required to have an AVG product key which can be purchased online or from the retail store. My Account allows you to download and install the AVG product to a different system as well if you have more than one AVG product.
Error 0xE001C046 is runtime error and can appear due to the failed installation, activation, corrupt download and missing files etc. Before visiting the technician you can try to perform some basic steps on your own which may help you to resolve the error. But before that, you need to know the cause and symptoms of the error.
Symptoms of AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046:
- Windows programs start crashing frequently after appearing the error 0xE001C046.
- Windows starts shutting down unexpectedly with error 0xE001C046.
- Your system starts freezing periodically for few seconds.
- Installation problems with the error 0xE001C046 displayed on the screen.
- AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046 displayed on the screen during the download and system starts behaving abnormally.
There are several factors which could be the reason or indication of the error’s occurrence on the user’s systems. To understand the exact reason or cause you need to observes these symptoms first. This will help you to point out the error during the installation or download of the AVG Antivirus.
Causes of AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046:
- Failed or incomplete AVG setup installation.
- Missing or corrupt download files.
- Corrupt Windows registry due to installation or un-installation of the AVG Antivirus.
- Virus or Malware has affected the AVG or Windows files.
- Deleted or missing AVG files.
Easy steps to troubleshoot AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046:
- First of all, you need to click on the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Search Box, type Command.
- Now you need to press CTRL, SHIFT and ENTER all together at the same time.
- A confirmation window will pop up on the screen, click Yes.
- Now a new window will appear on the screen, type “regedit” in the window and then press enter.
- You will now be redirected to the Registry Editor.
- Select the key which is related to the error 0xE001C046 and you want to backup.
- Now from the File menu, select Export.
- You are now asked to select the location where you want to save the backup key for your AVG Antivirus, Select the location in the “Save In” list.
- Enter the name in the file name of AVG Antivirus backup file.
- In the Export Range, Make sure you select the Selected Branch option and then click save.
- Your file would be saved as .reg file extension.
- AVG Antivirus registry entry, the backup file is created now.
If the above-mentioned procedure will not help you to resolve the issue occurred due to the AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046, then you may try to follow some more steps. These steps also help you to resolve the error.
Few more steps to fix AVG Antivirus error 0xE001C046:
- To delete the infected files on the system you can run a complete malware scan.
- You can also use the Disk Cleanup to clean the junk on your system.
- Make sure that the Drivers of your system are up to date, if not then Update the drivers.
- If the above step will not resolve the issue then try to uninstall and reinstall the AVG antivirus software.
- To scan and restore the corrupt or damaged files, starts the Windows system file checker.
- Try to install the available Windows updates.
If you have tried following the given procedure and still facing the same issue then you can contact the AVG Support for the further help or visit avg.com/myaccount to download and reinstall the AVG Antivirus on your system.