Brother Printer Troubleshooting – Disgruntled with poor print quality or fuzzy printing? Unable to print from your brother printer? Here we are going to discuss some basic brother printer troubleshooting steps, which will help you to improve the print quality?
Poor print quality hampers the readability of the printed document and can emanate from any hardware or software malfunctions. Therefore, you have to make very certain changes in software or hardware to improve the print quality e.g. change the cartridges or ink, change some print properties and cleaning the print head etc. Brother printer troubleshooting is very easy process, after the completion of each step you need to ensure whether the problem is fixed or not?
Brother printer troubleshooting steps to improve poor print quality:
- Empty cartridges can affect the print quality, therefore first you have to check the cartridges that it is empty or not?
if cartridges are empty then ink must need to be replaced with the new one.
If cartridges are not empty then shake it well and reinsert them inside the printer. And use a lint-free cloth to wipe the scanner window.
Then run a test print to check the print quality.
- Check the printer settings on your computer to set the high resolution. It will increase the density of dots to improve the print quality. If not improved, then perform the next brother printer troubleshooting step.
- Use good quality multipurpose plain paper to produce high-quality documents.
- Cleaning the Printhead helps to improve the print quality.
To clean Printhead, click ink or ink management.
Use Up and Down arrow keys to select a color, black or all, whichever you want to clean. Then click Menu or Set.
If print quality still not improved then repeat the cleaning process for 2-3 times. And then run a test print to check the print quality.
- Checking for print alignment, click settings and then ink.
Click Test print to open alignment options.
Select alignment and click OK.
Now printer will starts printing the alignment sheet.
To check Alignment of “A” pattern, use Up and Down arrow keys to display the number with least vertical stripes. Now click OK.
Repeat the above step for other patterns. Then Click Home.
The print quality of your printed file or documents will improve, after following above-mentioned brother printer troubleshooting steps.If the problem still persists then contact Brother printer support for more help and information. One of their executives will help you to resolve the issue.