Brother Printer Troubleshooting Error 46- Unable to print? getting error message “error 46” on printer’s screen? Here we are going to discuss the error message and you can learn that how to do the basic troubleshooting to fix the issue.
“Error 46” is a very common error message, affects a lot of people who are using the printer. Before asking any help from the technician, there are basic troubleshooting steps which you can try to perform by yourself. It is also called “waste ink error”. When the ink absorber pad which absorbs the waste ink, become full and needs to be replaced then the brother printer displays the error 46 message on the printer screen.
But sometimes the error message can trigger without even the ink absorber pad is not full. So just to make sure the exact reasons behind the error message you can try some basic brother printer troubleshooting steps.
There are two ways to do the brother printer troubleshooting for error 46:
- Reset the Purge Counter.
- By starting the maintenance mode.
Reset the Purge Counter:
If brother printer has number keypad then:
- Type 80, it will open up options.
- Use down arrow key to select purge followed by a number
- Press key 2783 and the numbers next to Purge becomes zero.
- Now press stops or exit and type 99 to exit and then restart the printer.
If the printer does not have keypad then:
- Go to the maintenance mode and follow the same instructions mentioned above.
- These brother printer troubleshooting steps will clear the count and you will not see any error message for a while.
By starting maintenance mode:
- Unplug the brother printer from the power source.
- Hold the Menu or Set button.
- While keeping the button pressed to try to plug the power cable. Wait and you will see the maintenance mode on the printer screen.
By Following the brother printer troubleshooting error 46 steps, will help you to resolve the issue when the ink absorber pad is not full. If you are still facing the same issue then call the brother customer support and they will help you in replacing the ink absorber pad for your brother printer.
For more help and support contact us or Brother printer support.